Fs giant purple carpet anemone almost 2ft completly open

areucrazy

Hello everyone,
Im not sure how much interest there will be on this giant monster anemone. It needs a REALLY BIG TANK! It's currently in a 175g but since I switched to the new RSCP salt in the black bucket he is moving around! I guess he feels good and wants to walk around....But I just bought a giant Randy-o-Pinks chalice and he can NOT walk on it! I dont want to sell the carpet at all but it is forcing me to do something...and quick! Since he is moving around I figured the foot is going to be looser than usual and this will be the best time to remove it from the tank. I'd like to get 100.00 for it. If I cant sell it here on RC then I will put it in a bucket and drive over to Reef Culture as they said they would take it off my hands when I was ready. PLEASE Does someone have a BIG home for him??? He is very sticky with a nice tight mouth and I have had him for at least 2 years now. I love to feed him silversides.... I will miss him a bunch! And I have put rocks around him tring to keep him away from other stuff but he just pushed through it....:bounce3:

This is it NOW moving around....
picture.php

This is when I 1st got it

picture.php

This is a current pic of where it WAS in my tank 2 days ago

picture.php

I had a green and yellow anemone of the same species. I sold it for $150 so this is a very good deal! These guys are very strong and very stubborn at this size lol

I had a green and yellow anemone of the same species. I sold it for $150 so this is a very good deal! These guys are very strong and very stubborn at this size lol

OH STUBBORN INDEED!! I have already moved 2 corals off the bottom "JUST IN CASE" tonight he crawls over or pushes through my rock barrier! He is STRONG!! I cant believe the deep trench he is leaving behind as he is moving around.

THANKS FOR THE BUMP AND THE COMPLIMENT"S :wave:

Oooh if someone picks up kris's greenish carpet nem they could have like 4 foot of nem! that would be awesome in a big arse tankies!

So wish I had room for this. I have some ORA Platinum clowns that have hosed with the cleaning magnets, for lack of a better option I guess... :-/ Man would they be nicely paired with this monster. Nice work, that is some good growth.

I would buy it but Im about a month and a half away from my tank being ready to accept livestock

I would buy it but Im about a month and a half away from my tank being ready to accept livestock

Your alot longer away from this peice then. :wave: These babies need an established reef tank to grow and thrive in. And one this big especially would need that.

This beast keeps plowing thru the rock barriers I put up..... I wish he would just go back to where he was so happy fo so long. I keep having to move corals out of its way. It will move several inches at a time inbetween looksies in the tank. Im so glad Im home for awhile to keep an eye on it. If he'd just settle in aspot and stay I'd be so happy.

So wish I had room for this. I have some ORA Platinum clowns that have hosed with the cleaning magnets, for lack of a better option I guess... :-/ Man would they be nicely paired with this monster. Nice work, that is some good growth.

THANK YOU!! Are you sure you dont have room??? lol.... I knew this day would come as soon as I put it in my tank lol...

I have a perfect spot for it in the bottom left corner (if it chose to stay there), but not nearly enough light. When Ryan tested the PAR, I think the floor of the tank was below 70 and that area is shaded. The tank is 48" Deep. Maybe I can get a very directed LED that could penetrate down to that area and we can retest...

tank3.png

Last edited:
I have a perfect spot for it in the bottom left corner (if it chose to stay there), but not nearly enough light. When Ryan tested the PAR, I think the floor of the tank was below 70 and that area is shaded. The tank is 48" Deep. Maybe I can get a very directed LED that could penetrate down to that area and we can retest...

tank3.png

GASP! This is a perfect home for it! You have a very nice tank! I love how deep it is. I can barely touch the floor in mine....you have to almost swim in yours. I might add that I do need new bulbs. April is the anniversay date that I get my new bulbs. He could be moving around looking for better light. (He most likely IS moving around for better light)
I am torn between doing another round of halides or busting out the credit card for the aqua illumination sol super blue's. I would need 3 I guess to start off but 4 -6 is ideal for a 6ft tank.

Last edited:
I just ordered a 100w LED Canon and should have it by Wednesday. I am excited to test the PAR on the sand bed with it.

Hopefully it has the power to do the job. Will let you know.

I just ordered a 100w LED Canon and should have it by Wednesday. I am excited to test the PAR on the sand bed with it.

Hopefully it has the power to do the job. Will let you know.

VERY COOL!!! THANK YOU!! I'd love for him to go to you ;)
I will just deal with its moving around for the moment.... I think it hit a spot of natural sunlight yesterday and it hasnt moved again. Maybe its happy there.... Im not to happy about it becouse he is taking up some PRIME realestate! I have nothing on the sandbed but rocks around it now! LOL...
At least he only moves around in the sand.... NEVER on a rock so I don't see him crawling up yours.

Back