FS/group buy:55g plastic drums (Tulsa)

TheMcs

Here's a copy of what I posted in OMAS. Keep in mind you'd have to pick them up in Tulsa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found a source for white plastic 55 gal drums. They're used by a local company then sent for recycling. I picked one up a couple days ago to see how well it would work & research the residuals.

I can buy what they have if I give them notice. $20 apiece, taking orders now.

Standard 55 gallon drum, heavy duty white plastic. Closed top with 2 large bung holes. They contained Potassium Hydroxide, which is safe (even used in some reef additives) although I'll be thoroughly cleaning mine out. New drums like this go for $70-80, used ones I've found for $50-60.

I'm going to buy at least one more, that way I can run my RO/DI to one and use another to keep NSW on hand.

I can snap a picture tonight. If I get enough people together I'll let them know I'm coming to pick up a load. I can't make it to Lee's house this month, but we can arrange a pickup site. Good opportunity for cheap water storage!

geezz id like one but dont think iam going to tulsa..anyone goes to tulsa i will give you extra 10 bucks to grab me one also..

I'll have to have a definite # and ETA. As of last night they had quite a few, but they said the recycling truck is due to stop by at any time. After that I'll have to grab what I can as they appear.

jnsams, If we could figure out logistics, I'd buy two for you and trade you for the VHOs. How's that sound? Are you buying Ian's tank?

iam going to get his tank..lol..i have to get a few more friends to come that way to get it...wich vhos are you talking about...the 24s? or the 36s? and i havent posted them yet..lol..i have a 24in set with ballast and everything and a 36 set that iam useing trying to get 48s...lol..

---on a side note---jnsnams...we have glass clamps to help you move the tank. leighanne at Aquariums has a set of 4 of the clubs clamps you can get.

P.

are you serious? thats awsome i will talk to her about it sat when i go to get my water..for my water change..

TonyD - 1 or 2 ETA TDB
gimmic - 1 ETA TDB
jnsnams - 2 ETA time of tank pickup at Ian's

Let me know how you want to proceed from here.

If you research from the phone book, you can buy those locally... downtown somewhere.... foodgrade.

There is a guy just east of Mid West Blvd on NE 23rd in Mid West City that has a bunch of them. I bought a 30 gallon for I think $12 a couple of months ago. Took a lot of rinsing before it stopped smelling like Dr. Pepper but definitely food safe :) I will stop by after work tomorrow and get a phone number.

Drums are 35" tall with a 23.5" diameter.
DSC06316.jpg

Lee's bungholes;
DSC06319.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12868045#post12868045 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by paulyl61
There is a guy just east of Mid West Blvd on NE 23rd in Mid West City that has a bunch of them. I bought a 30 gallon for I think $12 a couple of months ago. Took a lot of rinsing before it stopped smelling like Dr. Pepper but definitely food safe :) I will stop by after work tomorrow and get a phone number.

I used one of these for my topoff water one time.It gave my tank the best smell it ever had.:D

Here's what I've got;
TonyD - 1 or 2 ETA TDB
gimmic - 1 ETA TDB
jnsnams - 2 ETA time of tank pickup at Ian's
jkhudson - 1 ETA TDB

If you can give me a time when you'll be here I'll pick them up. Just gotta have some definites before I go fronting the $ for who knows how long.

Back