fs: mated pair cleaner shrimps

I actually tried that with this half gallon bucket i have. they are very wary of it. haha. I think i scared them too much last week trying to catch them. I will try a smaller bucket/can tonight.

I don't know if this will work with shrimp... but I caught my damsels with a water bottle... you cut the top portion and flip it inside out and glue it back. This way they can swim in easy, but when they try to swim out, they swim along the sides and are unable to get out. Kind of hard to explain, but if you use a bigger water bottle, like a 1 liter bottle, this may work with the shrimp. Just make sure the hole is big enough for them to get in, and throw some food in there.

It worked like a charm with my damsels, they litterally went right in, took less than a minute! lol

GL, o and if my trick works, I get dibs! ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13634211#post13634211 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 90sShooter
I don't know if this will work with shrimp... but I caught my damsels with a water bottle... you cut the top portion and flip it inside out and glue it back. This way they can swim in easy, but when they try to swim out, they swim along the sides and are unable to get out. Kind of hard to explain, but if you use a bigger water bottle, like a 1 liter bottle, this may work with the shrimp. Just make sure the hole is big enough for them to get in, and throw some food in there.

It worked like a charm with my damsels, they litterally went right in, took less than a minute! lol

GL, o and if my trick works, I get dibs! ;)

I was just thinking about the same thing with the diy 2 liter coke bottles. I know they work for fishes, but not sure about shrimps. If or when you catch them shoot me a pm. Thanks!

Whatever you do, try not to catch them with a net. Use a clear container instead. Their legs will get broken once caught in the net and it's game over. I learned it the hard and stupid way.

Back