FS - Neo Nano 34g rimless tank, stand, and custom t5 fixture

Postal

I had grand plans for this tank, but I don't have the time to setup and maintain another tank. Hopefully, I can take any proceeds from this sale and add livestock to my existing system.

The tank is brand-new and has never held water since being taken out of the box. The stand was a display stand and is missing the door for the front. It also has some very minor swelling on the top platform from water damage. There is no sump or plumbing with this system. More info and a video of the tank can be found at http://www.deepseaaquatics.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=123

The light is a custom-made fixture from a local reefer (or two). It is a 4x24w T-5 setup that was made to look like an ATI Sunpower. The body is made from 18 gauge stainless steel that was laser cut from one piece and welded. It has threaded studs welded inside it to mount the ballasts and bulb holders. It has an icecap variable speed fan built into it to keep the bulbs at optimal running temps. It also has an acrylic shield over the bulbs to protect them from salt spray and such. The ballasts are T-5 accustart ballasts that drive the bulbs at 24w each,these do not overdrive the bulbs like other ballasts so the bulbs will last longer. The reflectors are icecap SLR's which are very nice reflectors. The bulbs only have 2 months of life on them and are all giesemann bulbs.

$400

IMGP0576.jpg

IMGP0578.jpg

IMGP0580.jpg

t5light.jpg

t5light2.jpg

I know it's a little pricey, but this is a nice tank and light. The bulbs alone would set you back $80 - $100.

I know it's a little pricey, but this is a nice tank and light. The bulbs alone would set you back $80 - $100.

It isn't pricey at all Lee,I put almost $200 into building that light so your price is good.you have spec T-5 ballasts,icecap SLR reflectors,endcaps,icecap fan,bulbs,and the housing made from SS.that tank is really neat too,I'm surprised someone hasn't jumped on this setup.

It isn't pricey at all Lee,I put almost $200 into building that light so your price is good.you have spec T-5 ballasts,icecap SLR reflectors,endcaps,icecap fan,bulbs,and the housing made from SS.that tank is really neat too,I'm surprised someone hasn't jumped on this setup.

If you made that...then you definitely have an eye for perfection!!

It's a sweet setup and an even sweeter light fixture!

Just curious would this be enought lighting for a 40 gallon breeder ? If so would you sell it seperately I am setting up a frag tank but I am looking for lighting

If you made that...then you definitely have an eye for perfection!!

It's a sweet setup and an even sweeter light fixture!

I did make it but a buddy made the housing for me.I gave him the specs and he bent and welded it from one piece of 18 gauge SS,I did the rest.

Just curious would this be enought lighting for a 40 gallon breeder ? If so would you sell it seperately I am setting up a frag tank but I am looking for lighting

The light should be fine for a 40 breeder.

However, I will not separate them unless I have individual buyers for both lined up.

Thanks

Ok, I decided to keep the lights. They will go over a 40 breeder frag tank. Who can resist $40 for a 40 breeder at Petco?

$225 for the tank and stand. I will also throw in 2 bags of Reef Crystals salt as well as 1/2 a 5-gallon bucket of Reef Crystals. Nothing wrong with the salt; I just switched to ESV.

Yes, this tank is up for sale again. As much as I like the look of the tank, I have to admit that I have too many other things going on to set this up anytime soon. Also, I'm looking at swapping my main tanks over to LED so this sale can get me started in that direction.

$350 for the tank, stand, and lights.

Back