FS: Spawning Snowcasso/Picasso Clownfish

ChipE

Hello,

I have a spawning Snowcasso (picasso) Percula Pair for sale. Both are originally from Doni, female is a Snowcasso, male is a regular nice Picasso. They were spawning when I purchased them, stopped for 6 weeks when they moved tanks, and are now back to spawning. Instead of a bare tank with tiles, I bought them their own nice tank with sand, liverock, and a gigantea anemone.

They are very healthy/fat and eat a ton. Saturation feedings twice a day. I used to do three times a day, but they were still full after the second feeding so I just went to twice per day. Mostly New Life Spectrum pellets and Mysis/cyclopeeze, but occational rods and other foods. 80% of their food is New Life Spectrum 1mm pellets since they love them the most. As you can see from the video, they are perfect (to my eyes) body proportions, no deformities, and a great spawning pair. Female Snowcasso has top of helmet and small sideburns on sides. Male has half-helmet with one full sideburn.

Purchased direct from a very reputable breeding company (Reef Imports and Hatchery near Chicago, IL) when they were downsizing their 50-odd pairs of spawning clownfish. They were purchased from Doni as a snowcasso/picasso pair.

I am moving to a condo, and just dont have the space/time to raise the babies.

They are both excellent parents. They do not eat any eggs. The male does his job taking care of the eggs, but the female helps out also. They are still relatively young/small for a breeding pair, so the clutches are around 250 eggs. As they grow (and get more comfortable in their tank) these numbers should increase. Their first lay was only around 120 eggs, their third is currently around 250, so they are already increasing. They are a great young pair and will my spawning and living for a long time.
They are spawning like clockwork.

Asking 2800. I believe they are worth it. I would like them to be picked up near Chicago, IL.
If you would like, you can also have their gigantea anemone. It is small in the video, but has already grown to around 6" when fully open. They do not harm it at all since it is big enough to take their cuddling, growing every day. If you like, you can purchase the whole tank setup, Nuvo 30 + IM skimmer + anemone.

Trimmed video of Lay 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBFB62rTAU

More pictures, lay/hatch schedule, fry pictures available upon request.

Bump, just hatched yesterday. Looking to sell in next 2 days before next lay. Still considering offers. Free delivery.

are you still selling them?

Yes, but they just laid again yesterday. You would need to wait 7-9 days because I will only sell in-between lays. I finally purchased rotifers so I am actually raising them again. They will hatch on 8/14. I will sell them 8/15-8/16 only. The female will be carrying eggs when sold.

Asking 1300. OR BEST OFFER. WOULD LIKE TO SELL THURSDAY, FRIDAY, OR SATURDAY BEFORE THEY SPAWN AGAIN ON SUNDAY OR MONDAY. Female is carrying eggs currently. Interested? Make ANY offer! Just please be serious! I have had 13 offers that people backed out as soon as it was time to pay. Great pair for someone looking to get into breeding. FREE DELIVERY OF CLOWNFISH! PRACTICALLY ANYWHERE!

Not trying to start anything but are you asking more just because there spawning? I heard they sold for 750? And i think i remember seeing these f/s when they were selling off there clowns and don't think i saw a 2500$ price tag or even 1300$

Doesnt matter what OP is asking for them. He has the right to ask for whatever price he wants. The question is: is anyone willing to spend that much?

Not trying to start anything but are you asking more just because there spawning? I heard they sold for 750? And i think i remember seeing these f/s when they were selling off there clowns and don't think i saw a 2500$ price tag or even 1300$

I have no idea who told you they sold for 750, as I definitely paid more. The only people who knew the price I paid was me and the owner. I did not tell a single person the price I paid, and I highly doubt the owner would lie and say he sold them for so little. They were listed as 2500, which I believe was their second highest pair, behind the Madagascars. They also had Wyoming Whites that were up there. I did not pay 2500, I negotiated down a bit with cash on the spot. At the time I purchased them they had stopped spawning, but they did have proof that they were once spawning. It took a few weeks in their new tank to start again, but lo and behold, they started again and haven't taken a single break.

If they were never spawning, I would ask 400-500 for the pair.
If they were previously spawning and stopped, I would ask 1500.
Since they have spawned 11 times continuously with only 2-4 days inbetween spawns, I was expecting 2500.

I would like to sell them locally because I don't want to ship them. I have offers to buy them right now, but unless they were over 2000, it isnt worth shipping. The problem is that Chicago is CHEAP, as most people already know. Great thing for buyers, but not sellers.

I think they are easily worth 4000-5000. 3 months should be the breaking even point. Every 12 days I can raise around 75 babies if I actually tried. So far zero are standard percula, all platinum or picasso. If I sold each one for 10 dollars (wholesale, you can sell individually the nice ones for much more), that would be 750 per 12 days (most of the time its 10-11 days though, which is better but I take worst case scenario). So in 3 months, or 90 days, they would make 5625. Take away some money for electricity, salt, and food and you are around 4000-5000. Break even in 90 days, rest is profit. They should easily be able to spawn for 5+ years, even a decade. They are still a young pair with plenty of time left in their lifetime. Clutches will grow as they age as well.

It does take time and effort to raise them. Something I do not have.

If you do not plan on raising the fry, it would be crazy to pay 2500, or even 800 for that matter.

The problem is that no one is going to pay you on potential. Straight up, your asking price is too much. Good luck with the sale.

You would need your head examined if you would spend that kind of money on clownfish or any kind of fish for that matter period! Unless they were solid gold!!

Back