FS: Tank Raised Baby True Percula Clownfish

Jamie1210

It is time to find homes for the babies! I hatched these guys hatched on 11/24/20, and you can find information on their history here: https://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2712179

They're currently slightly bigger than a jellybean, and the 2nd stripe is coming in on a lot of them. I feed them TDO X-small pellets, NLS pellets for small fish, and they just tried flakes last night too!

Not only are they fat and healthy, I can GUARANTEE that they've never been exposed to any types of sickness/disease/parasites. They've been living in freshly made salt water since they were hatched. Even the water that their food was grown in (rotifers)was always made fresh! Their hatch tanks and grow out tanks were NEVER exposed to display tank water.

If you're looking to build yourself a harem of clownfish, this would be the best way to do it--buy and add simultaneously from the same clutch.

The prices are: $40 for a pair or $25 each. If you're looking to make a group/harem of clowns, send me a pm for better pricing.

Note: due to Covid, the clowns will need to be curbside pickup in Alhambra only. Unfortunately, I can't do WYSIWYG simply because there are too many of them to photography individually! However, if you have particular requests (larger ones, smaller ones, fullbar, misbar, etc), I will do my best to accommodate you.

Here are some (bad!) pics.
d547172cd2459e74a462770890494b13.jpg

442889b7dd91ad86d292c5a1c59df94d.jpg

The parents are wild caught onyx clowns.
92368aaf5a870854a824992917178ddc.jpg

42847f85229314d468387000702d60e2.jpg

Recent Video of the clutch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0TSqZMrxZ5g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if the video doesn't work, please follow this link instead

https://youtu.be/0TSqZMrxZ5g

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

I just got a pair from Jamie and they are super good looking and healthy! I dropped them in the tank n they hosted within mins

5bf2b2d9329d85d9235f62554313ad50.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Dude, this is so awesome! I wish I had my lagoon going right now, I would buy a pair. Btw, that's my wife's birthday. Crap, I might have to buy a pair anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I didn't think the interest would be this high on these guys. Thank you, everyone!

Here is the update: almost all of the November batch has been sold/spoken for already. I do have 1 more pair left for sure, and (possibly more if people flake).

The Dec. batch should be ready in about a month. I haven't counted exactly how many there are, and I'm hoping to keep 30 for myself (dying to try the clownfish harem that I keep seeing everywhere! haha), but there should still be plenty of clowns left to go around.

Thanks, Juan for the picture of the CSB hosting my clowns--I think you personally helped drive the sale! :)

five five six, try emailing me: jamie1210@gmail.com. There's still 1 more pair left, and a bunch from the Dec. batch available in about a month

Haha those cute babies sell themselves. Congrats on getting ur restroom back! Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Regarding Harem Size ...

Regarding Harem Size ...

I've been getting so many messages asking me what I think is a good size for a harem. Honestly, I don't know! I don't know because I've never done it myself, and I don't like giving advice when I have not personally tried something myself.

What I *do* know is that the most long-terml threads that I've encountered over the years are Mobert's clownfish thread right here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11265965

and the BRS videos of their clownfish harem

And in both of those experiences, Mona and BRS both had larger harems of over 20. Now, will a harem of 10 work? Possibly? I don't know because I've never kept clowns as more than a pair before--but I can't wait to start trying otherwise :)

I picked up one of Jamie's baby today and I gotta say the fish is gorgeous. I can tell it was tough for Jamie to let him go. She gave me some care tips and what it's been eating. Within minutes of adding to my tank it found my anemone. See video below. Thank you Jamie!

https://youtu.be/ihPtMYktoMQ

Thanks so much for my pair Jaime! They are doing great and eating like little piggies. I'm feeding 2x a day at this point.

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I'm so psyched that they all found their BTA hosts! Looks like we can discount the popularly held belief that tank-raised clowns don't know anything about anemones :)

Update: all clowns from this batch are pending. For those who missed out on this round, please look out for the FS thread for the Dec. batch in about a month or so.

If any clowns fall through on this round, I will update this thread.

Thanks for the interest everyone!

Back