FS two Vortech MP10wes

bluecoyote79

I have two Vortech MP10s for sale in SF. One is from Jan 2011 the other from Jan 2012. They are both wireless versions so you can link them. The one from 2011 had a tear in the rubber part of the cord where it enters the dayside motor. I wrapped it in electrical tape when it happen a couple of years ago and it's been fine since. Otherwise these are both in good shape and were gently used. I stopped using these about a week ago after upgrading to the new quiet drive units.

Asking $200 for both of them. I'm not looking to ship them, but I can meet up at one of the LFS.

Disclaimer: I had a huge bryopsis outbreak a few months back, so it's possible that it could be lurking in the wetside of these. I'd leave them dry a little while or soak in bleach if you're worried. I do not have bryopsis in my tank currently but I want to put that out there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 0
I didn't think the old MP10s were that loud till I got the new QDs. They are silent and I noticed a big difference. My tank is in the living room so quiet is important. That being said the old ones are very reliable and weren't unreasonably loud.

Thank you. I have a new in box wes I haven't opened yet and want the tank next to my bed.
I wonder if bulk reef will let me exchange it.

That was a big no. Bulk reef said for $115 I can get a quiet drive and wet side. Is that the only difference?

You can just sell your mp10 like I did and buy a quiet drive. If it's new in box you shouldn't take a big hit. I believe every part of the QD is different including the dry side.

Sorry to keep adding to a dead thread but if anyone was curious, bulkreefsupply was incorrect about the upgrade and ecotech will be contacting them shortly.
To upgrade an MP10wES to an MP10wQD you only need item # MP051 for $50 & <$12 for shipping. Snaps in, no soldering.

Back