Future help would be appreciated....

medic29

Premium Member
I'm hoping there are still some of you around that I have helped out in the past with either cheap or free frags....I am hoping for a return favor in the near future.

Recently my system suffered a huge crash and I lost 90% + of what was in it. I have a total of 5 fish left and I have no idea how they survived. I lost all snails, crabs, urchins, soft corals and hard corals as well as several other fish.

For now I am shutting down the big tank and will have a 20 gal ready to go for livestock in less than a week. After the 20 gal is ready to go, I will move the remaining fish over to it and shut the big tank down and move all of the live rock over to a trough to keep it good.

I would love to find some xenia, leathers, maybe some sps down the road. I am trying out some LED lights now as well. The T5 experiment was not impressive over the 125, but I have been happy with what I've seen with the LEDs so far, but only time will tell.

Rick

:headwally:

Let me know when you have it up and ready. I have a pot full of pulsing Xenia and some Birdsnest coral.

yeah, i will do you some cheap 5 buck frags. just pm me when ready. I got all sorts of stuff for sale.

Rick so sorry to hear that your tank crashed.

For those who are new...or do not know...Medic has been one of the kindest and most selfless hobbyists on CIMA. Sharing his time, experience, supplies and frags with everyone. If any deserves support restarting a tank...it's him.

Rick if I were still in town I would give you a piece of everything I have.

Rick, I do have Xenia, leather and frags of sps that you are welcome to have free. Let me know when you need them.

Rick so sorry to hear that your tank crashed.

For those who are new...or do not know...Medic has been one of the kindest and most selfless hobbyists on CIMA. Sharing his time, experience, supplies and frags with everyone. If any deserves support restarting a tank...it's him.

Rick if I were still in town I would give you a piece of everything I have.

Thanks Vitaly, sure miss having you around. How are things out West?? Congrats on the new little one!!!

I am so grateful for all of the offers and am looking forward to getting this new tank up and running. I think shortly after Christmas, after we take the tree down, I will bring the other tank in and re-set it back up. I currently have it up and running and cycling out in the spare room. The salinity is running around 1.025-1.026. The new lights are set up. The seems to be working okay and the heater is working okay.

Hey Rick long time since I have heard from you. I have alot of coral that has overgrown in my newest tank (180gal in wall build). I have about 12different kinds of SPS and about 120 heads of frogspawn, and grape coral. You are welcome to snap, or cut anything you wish to restock with. I also throw away a 5gal bucket of cheato every three weeks, I can save you a bunch if u want to help with the nutrient overload newly setup tanks face at times. I dont live in Champaign anymore, but only about 40 mins east

That would be awesome. I would love to see your set up too if possible. The last one I saw was incredible so I am sure this one is as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

i am not that close to you but you are welcome to anything in the tank. i don't have much SPS but i have some LPS i remember back in the day you gave me a rock of Zoa just for the heck of it. I have a RBTA also If you would be interested. I would have to get him off a rock or you could just take the rock. I always remember they guys who gave me stuff when i first got started.

would anyond be willing to sell any of the frags you got if so would you please text me at 217-331-4926

Would love to help you restock (I fully understand losing most of a large tank), but I'm barely going again with what I now have scaled back to. Still, if there's anything I can do to help out with whatever, I'm close by you in Tolono, so let me know.

I thought it sucked losing a few fish and SPS in a 10 gallon temporary tank I had set up a few months back. I can't imagine the loss from an established 125 gallon set up!

I would love to be able to hook you up with some coral, but unfortunately I'm still trying to get my new tank stocked.

I'm not sure if we've met in person, but I have seen Medic give alot of good advice and help out tremendously over the years in this forum, so I definately agree with Vitaly in that he is deserving of our support!

Rick...SoCal is great. Sunny and blue skies.all the time. Huge hobby community out here...being close to all the wholesalers in LA makes the cost of livestock much lower. I do miss the CIMA family, however. In the process of setting up my tank here I was reflecting back on all the excellent people from Illinois.

Thanks for the congrats. Baby and mamma are doing great.

Rick,
Let me know, I can hook you up with some frags. Might even have some fish in my sump looking for a home. I know there is at least a couple sets of paired clowns down there.

Rick,

Also let me know if there is anything I can help out with. We have talked in the past and I appreciated the help and advice offered on several different occasions.

Back