Fuzzy dwarf lionfish compatibility?

tomreefer

As of now I only have a Maroon clownfish with my Fuzzy and seems to be fine.

Would a Flame Angelfish be ok or would it be eaten?

Just so the flame can’t fit into the lion fish mouth you should be fine. How large is the fuzzy?

Any fish that is 1/2 to 3/4 the size of the lionfish should be fine. Keeping the lion well fed will also help. What size is your tank?

Lion fish are dumb and will eat a fish as big as they are if hungry enough. I have seen it happen. The lion fish could not swallow it completely and basically chocked to death on it. The lion fish died with it dinners tail still hanging out its mouth. They pretty much require live food. Fresh water fish especially gold fish are not suitable. The composition of the bobs of goldfish does not break down fast enough and accumulate in the stomach of lion fish clogging up the stomach until they starve to death if fed gold fish regularly.

When I had mine, it was a great fish and never bothered my dwarf potters angel, clowns, wrasse, mandarin or watchman goby in a 72g tank. I kept the entire reef tank well fed and spot fed the fuzzy dwarf lion. I feed mine krill and here also would eat the occasional mysis shrimp that floated by. So it is completely possible to keep them all together, but it's hit or miss with each fish. I had mine for years before selling the tank.

Back