Game Plan - ucdcrew vs. the vermetid snails

ucdcrew

I have a 25g cube tank set up at the moment. I'm buying a 65 RR from someone on Wed. Right now the 25 has 2 clowns and a goby, a handful of snails and hermits, a small frogspawn, a 4 headed duncan, a 10-12 head frag of kryptonite candy cane, and a 5-6 inch piece of a lobo with 3 heads.

I have vermetid snails on every damn rock in that tank. They're growing on the skeleton of my coral. I think that's what is ****ing off my frogspawn. I currently have a terrible small skimmer running (really old hydor slim skim) and thing that might be some of the issue - but my Reef Octopus didn't fit in the sump. It will fit in the new tank (and probably overskim, its for a 120).
I've only been feeding pellets but obviously my fish aren't eating them all, and organics aren't being skimmed out appropriately.

Would the best option be to cycle the new tank fishless (I still have about 50 lbs of dry rock), transfer the fish over and then dry out the vermetid infested rock? Will they survive? I've also heard a low salinity dip will help? Ideas? I don't want them in my new tank to bother my coral.

Game Plan - ucdcrew vs. the vermetid snails

I (had) a vermetid snail problem in my current tank. They were EVERYWHERE all over the rock. After a log time of me physically breaking the snails off ( allows CUC such as hermits to get to the snails) and adding a coris wrasse, they have for the most part disappeared naturally.

Drying out the rock ( you should probably bleach or mutating acid wash as well) will definitely kill them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's really only one piece of that stuff that I want in there anyhow - a long flat shelf piece. I'm glad I didn't epoxy the coral down.

Back