Garage Sale 7/31/10

hllywd

Premier World Traveler
Garage Sale This Weekend

I have some reef related items (and other fun stuff) that will be available at our garage sale this weekend. I guess some of the items could be adapted or used directly for a fresh water setup, but my equipment is primarily saltwater related.

90 gallon aquarium – 4 holes in the bottom for 1” bulkheads. The top brace was broken and I made one of stainless steel stock, it’s bulletproof. I intended to use this tank until my 120 presented itself. 1” PVC stand pipes are included along with the bulkheads I may not have used on other projects. $65.00
2 – 250W CoralVue MH ballasts Both are approximately two years old. I set my 120 up in August of 2007; both ballasts were replaced since then. These are currently on my system with a single 36” PFO reflector. I can’t guarantee my LEDs will be installed by the weekend, but if necessary I can make sure they are and these are available immediately. The ballasts and Mogul sockets are PnP. $75.00/ea.
1 – Dual 96W SunPaq PC ballast The ballast has dual switches, and power cords, and it’s currently on my system with each channel controlled independently by my ACIII. It can (or may) be available immediately regardless of whether my LEDs are installed. I’ll include all of the bulbs I have which as far as I know are all used and likely good as backups. The setup would be good for a 55 through my size tank for FO or possibly some softies. $75.00
1 – Dual 110W VHO ballast. With a reflector (not included) the system is PnP. This could be paired with my PFO reflector or another 48” reflector. I used it to overdrive some 36” actinics and it worked very well, it’s designed for 48” VHOs. I believe it’s a Hamilton without looking, I haven’t used it since 8/07 and I do not know the age. I’ll include the used 36” bulbs with this ballast. $50.00
36” PFO Parallel Reflector Must be included with at least one of the light kits. $30
1 – Hamilton 175W MH pendant – This is a self contained pendant with integrated ballast. I’ll include all the 175W bulbs I have with the pendant (it may be the one installed… not sure). This is used and has some minor surface rust that may be cleaned up easily. $75.00
1 – Hamilton 175W MH retro, no reflector included. This was my first MH for my old 30 gallon aquarium. It’s been OOS for the same time as the VHOs. May have an old bulb included. $50.00
1 - ASM G3 Skimmer (in sump only) – Stock and gate valve mod are included and interchangeable with no permanent alterations. I have some Enkamat and a modded impeller if you want to experiment with mesh modding the skimmer. $125.00
1 - SWC B160 Skimmer (in sump only) – Stock, works OK on my 120, probably a little small. I’m switching to a big GEO skimmer as soon as I get my shipping damage repaired. $125.00
As a side note the SWC is prettier, but all things being equal the G3 is functionally better.
1 – AquaC EV-120. Decent skimmer for a 75 or 90 no pump included. IIRC a RIO 2500 was one of the recommended pumps. This was a good skimmer once it was dialed in, I haven’t used it in a while. Needs a stable water level and doesn’t take too much room in the sump. $100.00
Red Sea Berlin Skimmer. Kent venturi included, no pump. $35.00
Coralife Ca Reactor $30.00
I have a few 250W SE bulbs, unknown hours, good as spares, Ushio 10,000Ks, CoralVue 14,000Ks, etc… $10.00/ea.
3 or 4, 46.5” VHO bulbs, in my storage garage, I have to pick them up Saturday morning after work. They are compatible with my listed ballast. $15.00/ea. New.
I’ll have some other misc. items, several NO florescent strip lights, bio balls, a couple wet/dry filters, and some generous monti cap frags (as requested), some green hairy mushrooms (limited to 1 or maybe two pieces), a couple nice tricolor acros, a piece or two of pulsing xenia, and whatever else may be available at the time. All will be in the $10 - $15/ea. range. They’ll be fragged as needed therefore un-mounted. I do have a huge purple monti cap I’d like $100 for. It would probably fit in one of the Styrofoam fish shipping containers…
Small 1000W 2-cycle Generator. $100.00
Now the fun stuff…

I’m open to reasonable offers on most of the items, and more motivated to sell some than others… ;-)
Saturday only, cancelled if raining.

Findlay, Ohio

Last edited by a moderator:
90g

90g

Do you still have the 90g? I am looking for a 75-120 4 ft tank to use as a sump....Is it possible to close the holes that are currently drilled? This is going in the basement. Thanks!! Marie

Marie, I do still have the tank. it would probably be pretty easy to patch the holes. The tank would be fine for a sump.
LMK, Tim

What are you looking for? The 250s are still on my tank and will be for another few weeks. I've had some interest in the 175s but nothing concrete... Lotsa talk so far.

Still got the ASM skimmer? What's it rated for? Think i might have to have that one!! Thanks! Marie

Marie, I do still have it, it's a good skmmer rated for 2 something + I believe... I worked pretty good on my tank, bt there's always something better if you now what I mean! I'll be home after the 2nd...

Hey Tim,
I have used ASM's since I started saltwater, and have been happy with them. Let me know when you get back, and I will make arrangements with you to pick it up! Thanks! Marie

Wow! What a trip! I'm back and have to pay for it now though...

Yes the SWC is still available. It should be fairly easy to ship, the cost was around $30 to ship the one replacing it. I would assume slightly less for this one.

Back