Garden Party

vonfinger

Hello El Paso reefers "“ It's that time yet again! I'm having a garden party Saturday September 29 between 4 and 7 ? pm. Sorry but NO children please! I'll have some beer, liquor & food but if you want something exotic like soda you need to bring it. Email me for directions etc. Kevin von Finger

We will also celebrate the birthday of Orvon Grover Autry, actor who played lead for side kick Gabby Hayes. He is better known as Gene, the singing cowboy who popularized yodeling. There will be a yodeling contest for mimes, and instructional weight loss yodel for the fairer sex. DO NOT MISS THIS!

Today in History: 29 September

1935 Hopalong Cassidy premiers his first film "œHop-along Cassidy", starring himself, his horse Topper, and of course side kick Gabby Hayes. A little known fact is that his horse Topper inspired the 1937 movie and the 1950's TV show of the same name with Leo G. Carroll.

1889 Wyoming legislature writes the first state constitution to give women the vote, hoping to attract single women to this virtually all-male state. The lawmakers succeed all too well. In a perfect example of the Law of Unintended Consequences, Wyoming is the first state to ban all alcohol due to the women-led temperance movement, women out populating and out voting the men of the state.

Year unknown. The 20th century has seen large numbers of Laplanders, those blue eyed, blond-haired, tipi living deer herders migrate to America. Actress Renée Zellweger and musician Joni Mitchell, both of Lap ancestry, are credited with introducing the lap dance to the US.

1919 The Polish Corridor is created by the Treaty of Versailles to give Poles access to the Baltic sea, and results in expanded trade but German animosity.

1947 The Polish Corridor is expanded to Chicago Illinois, and results in more Poles in Chicago than in all of Poland, Polish sausauge, and Polish jokes. Brewski anyone?

1876 Chicago Cubs founded

1914 The Boston Braves, who were in last place in mid-July, clinch NL pennant, giving hope to thousands of Chicago Cubs fans the following season

1945 Cubs clinch National League pennant, giving hope to thousands of Chicago Cubs fans the following season

1945 The Curse of the Billy Goat was laid upon the Cubs when club owner Wrigley ejected Billy Sianis, who had come to Game 4 with two box seat tickets, one for him and one for his goat. Wrigley demanded the goat leave the park due to its unpleasant odor. Upon his ejection, Mr. Sianis uttered, "The Cubs, they ain't gonna win no more." The Cubs lost Game 4, lost the Series, and have not been back to the World Series since. And apparently never will"¦.

1987 Miller Brewing Company ceases brewing generic beer (officially named "œGeneral Generic Beer"). Aficionados fondly recall the taste as resembling cat ****.

Awesome thank you kevin. This will be the September club meeting as well. Let's just say its not one to be missed.

Garden Party

Awesome! Anyone who hasn't been to Kevin's place and seen his saltwater and freshwater tanks you are in for a treat. Don't miss this!

4117 La Adelita Dr, El Paso, Texas 79922, its kinda the uppervalley but closer to sundland park street and doniphan area. I would ask people to still bring some BYOB or food to contribute to Kevin and his other guests, and i would like to do the frag auction even though it might be a bit hectic at times. Let me know who is going and what you are able to bring. Thanks.

ill have a couple pieces maybe even some chalices or sps !!!! getting towards the end of the year so bring what you got !!!

i wish i had frags to auction :(

however if anyone takes duncans, or candycanes, brains, caps, etc i will definately bid.

if we can make it what can we take? id feel weird eating someones food and drinks without contributing....

not that this has happened yet, but remember NO KIDS !!! bring something if you can and bring some frags to auction off, the year is almost over.

Thanks again to Kevin and all who came. I had a great time and kevins tanks are awesome, even the freshwater one.
here is his tank
024-3.jpg

020-4.jpg

Back