Gauging interest: Whole SPS Setup FS

rleechb

Gauging interest...

Looks like everyone's bowing out these days, and I think my time's come as well. I've hit a wall with my tank, and I'm pretty close to over it. It's really become all maintenance and very little fun (which sucks, because the tank pays for itself through coral frags). Maybe I’ll come back one of these days, but for now, I’m thinking the only option is to go out. I’m looking to sell the thing as a whole; I might part out if there’s no interest. I’m looking to get $2,250 for it (I’ve definitely invested MUCH more), but PM me an offer if you're truly interested.

Anyways, here’s a bunch of specs:

Equipment:
58G Oceanic Tank (not reef ready)
29G DIY baffled sump
White stand
White canopy (computer fans + grills installed)
2 x 250w Radium Bulbs (used for 2 months)
2 x 250w Coralvue Eballasts
2 x Lumenarc Minis (brand new, just installed)
Lifereef overflow (never a leak, not even close)
MSX160 skimmer
DIY denitrator made from a very nice media reactor
Ocean Runner 2500 return
The Sentry dual dosing pump (with enough tubing to last a century)
3 x Tunze 6025 nanostreams
2 x Tunze 6045 nanostreams
Eheim 1046 pump
Phosban reactor
Tunze Osmolator
Elos calcium, KH, mag test kits (brand new)
API calcium/KH test kits
Marinedepot refractometer
4 Heaters (mix of ebo jager and stealth, from 75-150 watts)
Bunch of maxi-jets and such

Lots of calcium, baking soda, mag flakes, GFO, carbon, oceanic/IO salt, enkamat, tubing, etc. etc. etc.

Livestock:

Fish
2 Lyretail Anthis
1 Scopas tang
5 Blue Chromis
Bullseye Mandarin (eats pellets/flake/etc)
Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse (forgot the name)

Corals:
Tyree Setosa (small colony)
Tyree Purple Monster (multi branched, encrusted frag)
Pink Lemonade (small colony, mostly encrusting)
Sunset Monti (2 Large colonies, browned out, however)
Palmer’s Blue Milli (X-Large colony, fast growing)
Tyree Undata (medium colony, plus large frag)
Garf Bonsai (large encrusted frag)
Icefire Echinata (1” multi branched frag)
ATL Christmas Mirabilis (encrusted frag)
Becker Tort (Medium colony)
Cali Tort (X-Large colony)
Hiller Raspberry Milli (small colony)
ORA German Green w/ Blue Polyps (fully encrusted frag)
Green Slimer (X-Large colony)
Idaho Grape (Large)
Wannabe Leng Sy (X-Large colony)
Oregon Tort (encrusted frag, lots of branches)
True Superman Monti (large frag)
Red Birdsnest (colony)
Ponape BN (colony, but stn’d)
Upscales A. Abrolhosensis (small colony)
Upscales Purple Stylo (small frag)
Aqua Delight (brown out encrusting, hehe)
Bright Red Prostrata w/ Purple tips (my favorite, but sadly browned out)

Nathan’s Green Milli (large colony)
ORA Scripp’s Milli (small colony)
E-corals Unknown (small colony)
Tyree Bazooka Joe Chalice (large frag, lots of eyes)
Dragon Eye Zoas (a few hundred of them)
True Armor of God Palys (~30)
Alien Eye Zoas (~100)
Tubs Blues (~100)
Blue Halos (~30, think these are also called "Blue Orgasims")

PPEs (3)
Purple Death Palys (~20)
Nice Micros (red/blue)
Nice Acan (rainbow Aussie, 4 polyps)

Anyways, I’ll post some pics soon. Also, feel free to schedule a time to swing by and have a look. Any conceit aside, people are rarely disappointed by my tank.

P.S. Everything is completely pest free, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
I just pm'ed you regards to the pH monitor yesterday, and today I see this thread :( what's happened? This is suck to see you leave. I'm sure you will be back.

People, if you haven't seen Ray's tank. This is an awesome deal.

Please let me know if you part out.

Nice collection you have there. I would be interested in your bazooka joe and Oregon Tort if you decide to part out. Just send me a pm if you do. Thanks.

Thanks Perry. I'll shoot you a pm in just a second.

Pretty much, I just don't have that fire anymore. I came to the realization a couple weekends ago, when I discovered a fried pump in my sump (which is why some of the corals have browned out). I ended up having to tear apart the sump, clean everything, drive out and get some NSW, t-shoot my return pump, etc. etc. The whole time, I'd been planning to see some friends.

As great as the tank is to look at, it's just not fun anymore :(

Forgot to mention, there's some more livestock:

~100 Tubs Blues
~30 Blue Halos (think these are also called "Blue Orgasims"

Quick pics (outdated, tank is quite a bit different now):

Picture016-2.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Just want to stress to everyone, to not PM me asking to break things up. It's not a big deal, but I just don't want my PM box filling up. If I can't get the tank to go as a whole, I'll make another post, and let the floodgates open ;)

Ray,

I was just at your place a few weeks ago. Your set up was amazing. I didnt think you were getting out. I was expecting your call after your trip, what happned? Hit me up..

Ed

Yeah, I wasn't planning on getting out. It was pretty abrupt; just one day I decided that I'd had enough. I'll be back one day; I'm just feeling burnt out now.

Unfortunately, this hobby isn't one that you can just put down and pick up easily, lol.

Always sorry to hear another reefer bowing out. Unfortunately I can't buy it all but if you do part out, I'd be interested in some of your sps and equipment. I'll keep an eye out for a separate thread.

I know $2k sounds a lot, but if you're considered upgrading. Having Ray's setup with his LS is really an awesome deal.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13559334#post13559334 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishme
I know $2k sounds a lot, but if you're considered upgrading. Having Ray's setup with his LS is really an awesome deal.

No doubt, and if had not just bought a house I would be all over it.

Believe me...I really want to upgrade but I just can't right now. Waiting until I can buy a place to have the space for the proper upgrade since I'm in a small apartment right now.

Go SHARKS! So far so good!

I was shocked and having tears in my eyes after reading this for sale thread, I just can't believe this will ever happen to you. Well a big lost to the reef community as you guys might already know that Ray is very talented reefer and aquaculturist, he is really on top of his game, $2250 just for his LE colonies alone would be a steal.

Ray, goodluck in your future endevor and I hope you will start a 240 gal in no time. Let me know if you are into n scale model trains because it is a hobby that I just recently picked up after 20 years of abandanment. Perhaps we can go to one of the hobby shops during the weekends when everything is settled and done.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13559737#post13559737 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by africangrey
I was shocked and having tears in my eyes after reading this for sale thread, I just can't believe this will ever happen to you. Well a big lost to the reef community as you guys might already know that Ray is very talented reefer and aquaculturist, he is really on top of his game, $2250 just for his LE colonies alone would be a steal.

Ray, goodluck in your future endevor and I hope you will start a 240 gal in no time. Let me know if you are into n scale model trains because it is a hobby that I just recently picked up after 20 years of abandanment. Perhaps we can go to one of the hobby shops during the weekends when everything is settled and done.

Thanks for the kind words Spencer.

I'll be back one of these days, hopefully with something a bit bigger. It's just too much for me now. I started taking some jiu-jitsu lessons every night, and coming home to do maintenance is just too much. I just don't feel like I have the time to dedicate to keep things happy anymore. :(

But I'm back :D ..

Hopefully you just take a little break.. I wish I have a tank like yours..

Hook me up some zoas :p

Why do you need to do maintenance every night?? I clean my tank once a week :D

Back