GBTA Trouble

Deluxe247

OK. I'm new to RC, and a little less new to reef keeping, but I have a problem. When I started my first reef, I made the mistake of putting a green BTA in only a month or so after setting up the tank. Parameters weren't stable and the nem eventually died. Several months later, my tank is more mature and the water is much better. I have also upgraded the lighting, and purchased another GBTA to give my 2 ocellaris clowns a place to host other than my frogspawn and candy corals (which didn't like the constant bothering from the clowns). I've had this nem for almost 2 months, and it has moved around a lot. Sometimes it looks very happy, but frequently deflates, and opens its stomach. It used to eat well (once a week or so) but now it won't eat anything. The clowns have loved it from day 1, but I'm worried they're too big for it. with all my water parameters perfect, could the size of the clowns be stressing out the nem this much? I'm honestly kind of sick of how fickle these dang anemones are!

[welcome]

How big are the clowns, and how big is the anemone?

To be honest, if given the proper conditions, anemones aren't all that fickle. What size tank do you have? What lights? And what are the numbers behind your "perfect" parameters?
Also, what else do you have in the tank? (( fish and invert wise ))

Back