General doser question

CheckitOut

I recently bought a GHL doser and I know this sound dumb to some but what exactly does calibrating the pumps mean or do? And what do I calibrate it with?

Not knowing the details of the GHL, I would say it just means make sure it doses the flow rate that you think it does. If it says it doses at 1.1 ml/minute, just make sure it does. Stick your tubes into some plain water and have it pump into an empty glass for 10 minutes. At 1.1 ml/minute, you better have 11 ml of water in that glass at the end of 10 minutes. If you don't, then you'll need to adjust your dosing time accordingly to get the amount of solution you really want.

Some dosers are smarter than others and actually allow "calibration" - you test it, tell it how much it actually dosed, and it adjusts automatically for you. For other dosers, you have to do the math yourself and adjust your times. I'm not familiar with the GHL, so I'm not sure how smart it is.

What they said, but I prefer to use a larger sample - increased time will give you a larger sample of output water to measure and so should then give you a more accurate output number. I run mine for 30 minutes, measure the total, then divide by 30

Back