Premium Member
IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg

IMG_1476.jpeg

IMG_1477.jpeg

IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1480.jpeg

IMG_1481.jpeg

Very nice indeed! Thanks for sharing, will be looking forward to following the progress! :) Might have said it before, but that Bubbletip is amazing! Would kill to have one of those in my tank! :eek:

Very nice Chuck. How do you attach the plugs to the rock? Super glue, epoxy putty?

Very nice Chuck. How do you attach the plugs to the rock? Super glue, epoxy putty?
If possible I try to get the coral off of the plug and superglue the frag straight onto the rock. If the plug is too encrusted, then I clip off the long end of the plug and keep the coral on the plug disk, then glue the disk onto the rock. I use superglue gel. After a couple of uses it is hard to get that darn cap off of the glue ;)

What tool do you use?
They are not easy to to clip off but I use a diagonal cutter hand tool. If that won't work I will start it off with a hack saw :) Some local stores will remove it for you if they have a table top band saw.

Do you remove the rock to glue the plug?
No, I put a good amount of the glue on the frag/plug and set it underwater on the rock. Twisting it slightly back and forth until you feel it just catching to take hold, then it will set up firm underwater.

Thanks Chuck. I used to buy whole colonies for what frags are selling for 😆

Reactions: VWD
They are not easy to to clip off but I use a diagonal cutter hand tool. If that won't work I will start it off with a hack saw :) Some local stores will remove it for you if they have a table top band saw.
I have always used a ‘bone cutter’… works great on plugs and corals.

Attachments

• A7BB3F83-55F7-4F2F-AB82-11775EEFDB9A.png
    A7BB3F83-55F7-4F2F-AB82-11775EEFDB9A.png
    842 KB · Views: 5
Back