GEO calcium reactor owners

Waxxiemann

Hey people,

I just ordered a 624 and I am wondering if anyone can share their experience with this reactor or other GEO reactors.

Did you mod your reactor in any way? Anything to look out for?

Any pics of your setup would be appreciated as well =)

Thanks,
Waxx

I run both the 612 and 618, best reactors I have ever owned, went fom K2r, to a korallin, now the GEO, Set it and forget, evreytime I test effluent it is right on, best purchase I have made for my aquarium.:D

I've been planning to run it on a digital Cole Parmer peristaltic pump that I have, have any thoughts on this? What do you run yours off of? I just keep thinking about probs with the effluent being consistant using the supplied output valve.

No mods necessary. Just run it stock out of the box.

One of the best reactors out there imho. I went from a AquaMedic, to Knop, to Geo, to Shuran, Marine Technical, MRC and now 2 Deltecs and I must say that the GEO and the Marine Technical were the best reactors I ever owned!

Good choice!

Thanks for the reply. Well I'm kind of an equipment junkie, and I've been reading about reactors for a long time. If I didn't get the GEO I probably would have went with a Barr. I remember inquiring about the MTC reactor once and if I remember correctly, it's expensive.

Doesn't it use a downflow design? I had their ozone reactor for a short time but when I decided not to go with ozone, i sold it. It was the most overbuilt peice of reefing equipment I've ever seen.

I've had the 612 for a number of years and it has been flawless. Georges products are well designed and the craftmanship is incredible.

You will be pleased.

waxie, i run a 612. well made, easy to set up, easy to dial-in. I feed it with an MJ1200 as recommended in the manual. No need for a dosing pump to run it. save your money. The Schurans need a peri-pump to get consistent effluent rates, but not the GEO

Here's my GEO 612 kit I bought from Jason at PA.
DSC_9527.jpg

DSC_9990.jpg

I use an Eheim 1048 for feed since I had an extra laying around.

Very cool man.

Tbone, I have the pump already, it's on top off duty right now. I'm thinking it can keep on doing that and I can just run the reactor off of a maxi jet. I'll give it a try at least.

Thanks.

(Geez, sorry about my typing, I'm on the work laptop)

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12247241#post12247241 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HookedOnReefing
No mods necessary. Just run it stock out of the box.

One of the best reactors out there imho. I went from a AquaMedic, to Knop, to Geo, to Shuran, Marine Technical, MRC and now 2 Deltecs and I must say that the GEO and the Marine Technical were the best reactors I ever owned!

Good choice!

I'm also looking at a Geo, I currently have a H&S but being that it has the return pipe located on the side of the reactor I'm constantly getting air lock.
I' m hearing good reviews on the Geo's
How did the Deltec perform for you?

Thanks

yeah, it's amazing how highly people speak about the GEO reactors. It's overwhelmingly well regarded around here.

I agree. I was looking at Schuran and GEO. I wanted a Schuran til I learned you need a peri-pump to run it. I simply don't have room in my stand for another pump, nor did I want to spend the money.

GEO owners were all happy with their reactor. I won't call it a high-end reactor, but it's well made, does its job, and is a set and forget reactor.

Only downside i have to say from personal experience is George needs to work on cutomer service as he doesnt seem to reply to emails or return messages. 1 out of 5 messages returned w/out a followup email.

Ben - I had the same experience. He has his email listed in the manual, but he never replied to my question. Someone gave me his cell phone number, and he actually picked it up and spent some time with me on the phone. His service was good when I finally got a hold of him. LOL

benf - I got a sweet Harris regulator to run the Co2. It's a beast. It's got 2 stages, one to lower the bottle pressure to a max of 30 PSI and then another "working" stage that you can adjust. Thanks to jdieck for the recommendation.

here is a pic:

Harris9200.jpg

I got the reactor through PA, they have been really good to me in the past. I'll go through them with any questions or problems. Thanks for the tip.

Back