Georgia Aquarium - "reef" exhibit?

surfnvb7

Premium Member
Stopped by the Georgia Aquarium last month, first time since 2007 and was hoping to see a much more matured reef at the Tropical Diver reef exhibit.

I was in shock how far this had gone down hill since I visited last time. Not much in the way of corals at all, just some dead/dying caps and digis. Seemed to have a decent selection of fish, although I thought some were not considered reef safe. I didn't get a chance to go top side and check out the lagoon, or aquaculture/quarantine facilities this time around.

Figured someone around here on RC would be in the know. Would be cool if an ongoing tank log was available to the public, to get an idea of what they are doing/changing/adding to the tank over time.

Just curious :wave:

Its my understanding that they are having an issue getting light in there. But thats just rumor Ive heard.

It would be nice for them to setup a smaller scale reef tank that really grows coral

Is that the aquarium that has a whale shark?
I've seen a documentation on television recently that has shown a day in the aquarium. There were pictures of a reef tank and it looked gorgeous. If I remember correctly the docu was from 2011.
If it is the same aquarium, it's really sad to hear that this beauty is gone.

Back