GESTAPO Admins

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12882727#post12882727 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99
well said natomas. Agree a sub forum would be ideal and great feature!

Also give credit to larry for reopening and actually taking the time to write an intelligent response. as i agree with Pete i all to often see smart alect and rude remarks from Mods

I agree some of the Mods responses are irritating and leave me :confused: .

I can also see that their opening this thread back up is for you to either redeem yourself or giving you more rope so they have just cause to ban you. be careful, this is a wonderful forum, even if it means a little aggravation once in a while :).

I must say that I look at Craigs list but I trust sales through forum/club members more. Here, it's like we all try to help each other succeed for the sake of the hobby, not just unload unwanted stuff. I saw the post on the tank, and it was nice, but I'm sure you ruffled mods feathers by challenging them on their own turf. Not a good idea.

To quote a mod....

To quote a mod....

In the long run, the benefit of saving the lives of animals that would have died in the hands of uninformed hobbyists is a terrific side effect.

1 addition to what you said, it should have read
In the long run, the benefit of saving the lives of animals that would have died in the hands of uninformed hobbyists AND UNINFORMED LFS OWNERS is a terrific side effect.

The title of this thread made me chuckle a bit. In a ironic way.

I do know that if I was to post a URL to nano reef dot com the URL would 'magically' change to the RC page.
OK I get it, a little arguement got way out of hand awhile back, but really, complete censorship and blocking links to forums or sites you dont agree with, yea gestapo fits that perfectly

OH well, back to your regularly scheduled reefin madness :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12885044#post12885044 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Whacked
but really, complete censorship and blocking links to forums or sites you dont agree with, yea gestapo fits that perfectly

so you've never been to swf.com forums then...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12885257#post12885257 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RicksReefs
so you've never been to swf.com forums then...
nope.
PlantGeek
FishGeek
Reef Sanctuary
Nano Reef
Reef Central
Those places is where I hang out and have a account.
Havent spent a lot of time at RS tho.
Of those, RC is the one that censors URL links

Moderating is a rough job that pays diddly. And without them, forums would be hell holes. Those that are anti-modertion should either try it for themselves (it is not easy, nor fun), or check out some of the Yahoo forms to see how they look without moderators. You will mostly come crawling back to this sane world.

Plus this is a great club. I got an early post deleted for breaking the tos, aplogized and moved on without ever looking back.

Moderation is a must. I've run a couple forums.

A sub group for Local selling would be nice maybe that would be something that could be self moderated?

For buying craigslist would be good, but I really wouldn't want to sell there.

Other forums exist but don't dominate like RC, that's why there is so many people here and it is desirable. The club is not associated with RC so if we got the boot the club wouldn't die and other clubs would notice.

The local stores that spam CL usually stay away from RC. (Am i the only person this makes mad? Thanks RC!) I am not sure about the requirements for posting and they don't apply to me. For those *****ing about 50 posts look at all the posts that are a simple ^bump^ ***.

The Moderator needs not debate. Tell people and if a good suggestion is found take credit.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12885504#post12885504 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RicksReefs
RC only censors links to spammers of RC.

And then only after repeated warnings have failed, causing us to do that as a last ditch measure.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12885800#post12885800 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Serren
Moderating is a rough job that pays diddly. And without them, forums would be hell holes. Those that are anti-modertion should either try it for themselves (it is not easy, nor fun), or check out some of the Yahoo forms to see how they look without moderators. You will mostly come crawling back to this sane world.

Plus this is a great club. I got an early post deleted for breaking the tos, aplogized and moved on without ever looking back.

agreed, with forums of this scale, its a tough job. gotta give credit for those who do it daily.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12886433#post12886433 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JAnwyl

The local stores that spam CL usually stay away from RC. (Am i the only person this makes mad? Thanks RC!)

Why does it make you mad that local stores post messages on craigslist?

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12889255#post12889255 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99
only stores i have ever seen on CL is CRS and Aquazoo. Doesnt bother me.

Brian got banned yrs ago:(

Rob from Underwater Paradise, as well as the guy on Kiefer frequently post ads on craigslist.

His statement is funny because the _only_ four stores that post on craigslist are the same ones that frequent this forum.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=underwater+paradise+site:sacramento.craigslist.org
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=coral+reef+shop+site:sacramento.craigslist.org
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=paradise+aquarium+site:sacramento.craigslist.org

I think several store owners (some aforementioned) have been banned in the past, so I'm not sure what the point of that statement is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back