Getting a Fang Blenny to eat?

Lorekeeper

Last Friday, I got a fangblenny, specifically a Blackline Blenny. He's gorgeous, and has quite the personality. That said, he hasn't really been eating, and it's beginning to sink his stomach. I've seen him peck at some mysis once, and I've seen him take one little bit of red seaweed that I crushed up into flakes. I've tried pellets, flakes, seaweed, mysis, and some krill. No dice on anything he's really gone after. I've tried spicing it up with garlic and a few other fish-safe spices as well, and notta.

I know in the wild fangblennies primarily eat pods and tiny crustaceans. My pod population EXISTS, but isn't wild yet. I suppose I could buy some pods, but I'd rather get him onto some prepared foods if at all possible.

Now, he's still active and colorful, and shows interest in food. He swims up to it and examines it, but never goes in for a bite. It's been almost a week, and while I know he's not quite in starving territory yet, he's gotta be close. Anyone got any tips?

Might try some live brine shrimp and if he starts eating, start winging it onto mysis and pellets.
Thanks for the response, and sorry for the late message back!

The little guy did start accepting live brine, and after a feeding of that, went straight onto mysis and pellets. Now he's even a more voracious eater than my clown!

Back