Getting back in just smaller!

panaboy95

Well i took my 225 down last year. and after my daughter had a meltdown about it i agreed to keep the clowns. well i am putting a 50 cube up now. got the stand built and tank on it. the sump will be right under the tank in the basement. I am real happy with how the stand came out. I have built lots of stuff out of wood. the challenge is making it look like you didn't build it. Sorry the first pic is a little blurry.

Thats a great looking stand!!!! nice work! Do you have pictures of the build? the jointery?I'm a wood shop teacher would like to see.. I'm headed to pana next month to see some friends. See ya at the blue bell. haha

Thats a great looking stand!!!! nice work! Do you have pictures of the build? the jointery?I'm a wood shop teacher would like to see.. I'm headed to pana next month to see some friends. See ya at the blue bell. haha

i didn't take pictures while i was building it. All the joinery is with pocket holes. it is all glued and screwed together. the door i bought from rockler. and the sides are just 3/4 oak plywood with oak furring strips glued on to make it look like it is raised panel. The legs are 2X4 oak. The top is a piece of granite i had cut from a place in Springfield. The stand was not a cheap piece of furniture to build. I bet i have over 400 dollars in wood and granite. As for the Blue Bell i don't get out there very often!!!!!!!! Nice quality place to down a couple beers!!!!!

Got some stuff done in the basement today. This is directly under the tank in the kitchen. Getting stuff hooked up and wired up. Its getting closer i have to get the plumbing done. but it is getting closer to being wet.

Well the tank is cycling. It is almost all dry rock so it will take a while to cycle. I still have to get the light and apex figured out.

Got the tank cycling and light hung. Running a ecotech radion LED fixture. Hopefully it will be ready to put a fish or two in in a few weeks.

Back