Getting back in the Hobby! My 20G Build.....

todd2000

So I haven't posted here in like 2 years, and have been out of the hobby for almost as long. I really wasn't planning on getting back in, but my friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :) To make a long story short, I will be going to NJ for a visit next week, and he is GIVING me his 20G setup. The only thing is Im moving it from NJ to VA. There are no fish just live rock and like 3 corals. The tank is at his work, and he doesn't have the time or ambition to maintain it properly.

He says that the glass is covered in algae but the rocks are relatively clean, I will see what it looks like when I get up there.

Anyway this is what Im getting with it....

Tank Stand
Aqualight 150W 14k clip on Metal Halide light fixture
Live Rock
Corals
Salt :)
2 Heaters new in Box
1 Power Filter new in Box I thinks it's a Bio-Wheel but it might be an Aqua-Clear
2 or 3 new in Box Maxi-Jet 1200s with Sure Grip magnetic holders
And Im sure some other misc. stuff...

Im not even going to take the actual tank, I don't feel like cleaning it, and honestly I don't think I could fit it in my car with everything else Im going to have in there. :) Im just gonna buy a new 20G tank when I get home...

Im not sure what my stocking plans are, but Im kinda on a budget, will have to check out the classifieds on here when I start adding stuff. :) I know I want a Starki Damsel if I can find one, but not sure what else.... Any suggestions?

Anyway not sure what else to say till I get the tank which will be Next Fri. I will post pics and an update Fri. night after I get home from NJ and set the tank up...

Any questions, comments or suggestions?......

I would go to petco and buy a 29 or 40b. they're having their $1 a gallon sale. the 150 could light either.

Maybe but then I'de have to get a stand, and possible more LR etc... Im trying to start this up cheaply since I kinda got thrown back in the hobby. :) A 20G will be nice since my last tank was a 10 :)

Back