Getting fish from Hawaii

mrp2g

Trying to get fish directly from hawaii. A post here mentions a site hawaiianreefer.com, but it wont come up. Does anyone know of any sites to see or contact?

Specifically, trying to find black tangs, crosshatch triggers and other possible natives.

Thanks...

Just an FYI that black tangs are not native to hawaii, but rather ship through there from Christmas Island and are carried by their wholesaler's...

Does anyone know for sure if a Goldflake Angel can actual be found in Hawaiian waters? I see a lot of websites that claim to sell Hawaiian Goldflake Angels, but I didn't think they were actually found in Hawaiian waters?

Goldflakes are not found in Hawaii either and come from Christmas Island too... "Hawaiian flame angels" are also 99% of the time from Christmas Island also, even though flame angels are naturally found in hawaii, but are very rare...

Wholesalers regularly list these fish as being from Hawaii, as they received them from Hawaii. That is however just a stopping point...

Thank you everyone. Very helpful. I assumed that even if the fish are not specific to hawaii, they come through there and are more readily available. Here in South Florida, people are excited to see Purple Tangs at the LFS!! Really looking for something diff.

Back