Getting my anemone into my tank

blackbear

So this might be a weird question, but I've never had an anemone before and I've done some reading on how to take care of them. Most of what I've read said try not to detach the anemone from whatever it has attached itself to.

Now I've recently traded for a few frags as well as a small anemone. The person i got it from placed it in a small basket. I've tried to remove the anemone from the basket to place it on a rock in my tank, but it seemed to be attached to the basket. I didn't want to risk damaging the anemone, so i put the basket with the anemone in my tank. I figured that it would eventually move around and get out of the basket, but it's been 2 days and it's still in the same spot. It doesn't appear to be stressed, its actually opened up quite nicely.

I'm not sure how to get the anemone in my tank! Maybe I'm being too gentle? Or should I just wait until it moves itself out of the basket? Have any of you had experience with this?

I massaged it and finally moved it out...lets hope I didn't harm it. I'll take a look tonight after work and see if it's fully opened up

Its attached itself onto the rock that i placed it on, didnt really move much but it has opened up. Everything looks good so far - thanks for the help

Back