Getting out of the hobby...

Skipper

Premium Member
After 18-20 years or so of keeping reefs, it's time for me to give it up. I intend to sell everything I've got. I currently have an Ocean View 110 gallon and an Ocean View 60 gallon cube, both with nice wood stands and canopies. There is plenty of equipment: metal halides, an awesome Reeflo skimmer, Lifereef calcium reactor with secondary chamber, Geo Kalk reactor, and a Litermeter top-off system.

Additionally, there are approximately 15 or so Rose anemones, a mated pair of Black Ocellaris, a mated pair of false Perculas, 2 Klein's butterfly fish, a flame angel, 3 Chromis, 1 mimic tang. Several corals: a HUGE toadstool leather and 3 or 4 of its siblings (offshoots), 2 grandfather hands 3 Sinularia, a gorgonian, two other leather corals, a small colony of Purple Death zoanthids and several colonies of green polyps.

Of course, I would need to sell the livestock first, before removing any of the equipment. I will not ship anything; must be local pickup, which is why I'm posting here in the Alabama forum. I live in Hattiesburg, MS. I will post prices later on this evening.

Rose anemones - $55 (regardless of size-many are new, small splits)
Black Ocellaris (mated pair) - $75
False Perculas (mated pair) - $60
Klein butterflies - $25
Mimic tang - $30
Flame angel - $35
4 Chromis - $25

Last edited:
Hate to hear that, Skip. Hope all is well. If you still have some roses in a couple of weeks, I may hit you up. Need to find some cash...

Just realized I forgot to post coral prices. Here goes:

Large toadstool leather - $80 (very large)
Smaller offshoot leathers - $25
Grandfather hands - $40
Gorgonian - $25
Orange ricordia - $25
Purple death zoanthids and green button polyps - $25/colony
Other leathers - $40

Hey Skipper how much if I take all the roses at once? And by the way the rose you gave me a while back is doing great.

Alan: let me get an exact count of how many I have after the lights go down and they close up. I'd like to keep at least one anemone for each of the two mated pairs of clowns until the clowns are sold. I'll PM you later tonight or in the morning.

Johnny: that is what I'm trying to avoid - shipping.

No problem Skipper, just a little to far :(. 5 and half hours one way... If you change your mind on it let me know.

Back