Getting rid of Bryopsis

clsund

Hey everyone,

So I have to start off by saying that online resources are so awesome. There's so much knowledge out there to help us in our reefing hobby.

I was battling a HUGE Bryopsis problem and in the past, that ment that you screwed. But after stumbling across a video, I discovered the Reeflux (a fungal medication of all thing) actually gets rid of Bryopsis. I was kind of skeptical at first, but had nothing to lose so I tried it out. It worked!!!

I'm so stoked.

I had the same problem and the reeflux worked for me as well. I had to dose the tank twice though when it started coming back a few months after the first dose but it hasn't reared its ugly head yet.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

yup.. good to see these meds out there now. just a few years ago Bryopsis was worth tearing down the tank

I dosed this as well for bryposis but be careful that there are reports of folks losing sps while doing so. This happened to me as well. The thinking is that it's not the medication that is not reef safe but potentially the toxins that the bryposis releases when it dies. Because you can't run your skimmer or carbon while dosing the medication, the poison stays in the system.

I dosed this as well for bryposis but be careful that there are reports of folks losing sps while doing so. This happened to me as well. The thinking is that it's not the medication that is not reef safe but potentially the toxins that the bryposis releases when it dies. Because you can't run your skimmer or carbon while dosing the medication, the poison stays in the system.

I heard that as well. I was super hesitant to dose it. I've made it to day 3, so skimmer, carbon and uv are back online now.

I've heard of people getting alk "spikes" probably from sps shutting down growth for a few days but I didn't experience that. I did experience super low ph at night that had me worried. Probably from no skimmer and yellowed water from the plant die off. Each day mine dropped a few more point, last night was 7.67.

I took every rock out and used a blow torch to burn it all down.... so nice to see there are meds that kill it.

But if you have just one or two rocks and can get them out, torching it is fun ;)

Back