GFo chemi pure elite help

Paulywalnuts

Ok, need some opinions. How long does a chemi pure pack really last?
I have heard many different time frames. Is 6 months realistic? Hope so it is not cheap. I am running three large packs in an eheim 2075(as a reactor) with a little floss. I have no algae and everything seems happy. These gfo pack are 3 months old. Thanks

Ok, need some opinions. How long does a chemi pure pack really last?
I have heard many different time frames. Is 6 months realistic? Hope so it is not cheap. I am running three large packs in an eheim 2075(as a reactor) with a little floss. I have no algae and everything seems happy. These gfo pack are 3 months old. Thanks

Easy test. Test the water before the eheim, then test the output water. 6 months sounds too long, but could be wrong. Let us know, curious

I really could not tell when I stopped running my chemipure for a month. I think it is supposed to last 4 to 6 months.

I used to run my for 6 months. it depends how much water you are running it through. On my biocube it was still pretty good after 6 but I would always change it.

How often do you leave gfo in a reactor? About the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That all depends on how much your trying to "strip". I am currently replacing weekly. Maybe a bit overboard and usually go once a month (GAC weekly) but feel once it stops working, you are already behind the ball and playing catch up again.

Thanks for the input. I am going to change it out sooner then later. This weekend. I will test the water with the new Gfo water coming out of the reactor monthly. To check active effectiveness

I used to change it every 2-3 months but had an elevated nutrient load and it was in a high flow area. How's all the stuff Paul?

Back