GFO reactor needed?

JeriL

I am setting up a new 57 gal reef tank with a 40 gal sump and refugium, I have only had basic nano tanks in the past. I am going to use a used Tunze 9005 skimmer, aqueon 3500 return pump. I am wondering if I should be getting a gfo reactor right away, I am making my sump and want to make sure one will fit. It should be in the same section as the skimmer right? Also I have two circulation pumps Aqueon 1250 and 1650, will these be too much flow?

I would never have a setup without GFO again. Though in the past, I absolutely did, and they looked great. Still I feel like phosphates are much more manageable with a GFO reactor. Worst case you run almost no GFO inside it.

The reactor does not have to sit inside the sump. Although there are models that are designed to be in the sump, I actually think there are just as many models that are designed to be plumbed out of the sump. That's what I personally have. As for what section it feeds from, it really does not matter. Particularly once you consider how little flow goes through it.

Back