Gfo

They should all be safe assuming they're a decent quality GFO. BRS sells a high capacity GFO, which is what I use. Just make sure to start off slow, or you will run into problems. SPS don't like getting stripped of phosphates which is what could happen if you were to use the full amount of GFO on day 1. I typically begin with 1/4 of the recommended amount, then slowly work up over a period of a few weeks.

They should all be safe assuming they're a decent quality GFO. BRS sells a high capacity GFO, which is what I use. Just make sure to start off slow, or you will run into problems. SPS don't like getting stripped of phosphates which is what could happen if you were to use the full amount of GFO on day 1. I typically begin with 1/4 of the recommended amount, then slowly work up over a period of a few weeks.

Thanks, this is why I ask.Need to this

Most people use the gfo from bulk reef supply

I'm not sure about the "most people" part of the above response. Although the BRS GFO is an excellent product, there are other brands of GFO out there that are used by many people on this forum. Rowaphos and Phosban to name a few.

Most GFO is exactly the same and comes from the same place. Most you are paying for the packaging and the name...

They do come in different variates like regular or high capacity..
You used to be able to buy them in pellet form which I liked better because it was just easier to work with..

Start out slow with gfo though.

I ordered a 550 TLF reactor kit w/ pump.I also ordered 250 ml rowa phos.I hope this is all I need to get started.The kit has the hose and clamps. Do I need anything else. Thanks

Back