Gha?? Or byprosis?? Or other?

Phishguy

I thought it was a little Gha when it started. No big deal. I've dealt with it in the past without trouble.. Instead of biweekly 20% wc, I went to weekly for a bit. I don't have much of a bio load. More coral than fish, 5 fish. It's a 120 with 40g sump and 30g mantis tank plumbed in. It seemed to be getting worse. I manually removed as much as I saw but it persisted. I did a 2.5 day lights out. It still persists. I started thinking byprosis and I have been reading about kent tech m dosing. I wanted to get some verification before I go that route. So give me your expert opinions.
0fc7cd3b.jpg
[/IMG]

6438158f.jpg
[/IMG]

Phishguy

I uploaded them to photobucket but I'm not sure which link to copy and paste. Sorry. First time trying photobucket...

Reefing Newbie

Copy the image code which is the bottom line and paste it directly to your message box on here. Don't do anything else, don't add the image tags after pasting as you will already have them.

IamLoki

Looks like the start of grape calupera or bubble algae in the middle of the second picture. IMO much more evil than GHA when established. Get rid of that quick.

Phishguy

I have physically removed a huge amount of this stuff and it always makes its way back. In the 2nd pic, you can see it lightly but there is almost a flourecing of the middle patch and it has a bit of a fan shape. Any advice on ridding it? Is it possible that spectral shift in mh bulbs could cause this? They are about 10 mos old. Thanks

rudyretama

if they are single filaments from the rock to the tips or the algae,
it is GHA
if the filaments branch outward then it is byprosis