GI.. 48 x 48 x 12 tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoNsTeR_LoVeR

In Memoriam
ok i started laying out how i want to do some tanks im my garage and i think that i want to do 2 - 48 x 48 x 12 acrylic tanks on a 3 shelf system with a big sump on the bottom... i want to have the drain go across the whole length of the tank, so 48 x 5 with 2 - 1 1/2 drains ..so a 48 inch square with a wall on one side that will work as a huge overflow box ... so heres my question would it be cheaper to have these built by a shop or do them myself if i go get some acrylic from S &W plastics..

unless anyone has 2 of these laying around :beer:

or maybe 2 - 48 x 36 x 12 acrylic tanks... has anyone setup a frag tank with these measurements... does anyone know what the cost of 2 of them would be.... trying to figure out what the budget is going to be on this new venture ...

you could email john at advanced acrylics to get a quote on custom built tanks, and then you will have a ballpark idea of the cost.

I need to get rid of (2) 48l x24d x11h glass frag tanks with right rear corner over flow drilled for 1 1/2 sch 80 bulkheads. $300 for both...i just need them gone. Paid over that for just 1 tank. and are 3/8 glass, black trim and full open top

i saw a post of a reefer that has a 72 x 48 x 16 tank, heres my question, is there anywhere that will cut the tank down to 12" then cut it into a 48 x 48 and a 48 x 24 tank then put new front panels on the tanks... so basically make 2 tanks out of an old one... does john at advanced do that or does he only deal with tanks from scratch

thanks

from what i have priced out john will build you the tank for less then what we can get the acrylic for from s & w plastics. i think mike(tangreefkeeper) is the one with the 72x48 tank you talking about i think he was banned from rc but if you want to get ahold of him let me know and ill give him a call

i saw a post of a reefer that has a 72 x 48 x 16 tank, heres my question, is there anywhere that will cut the tank down to 12" then cut it into a 48 x 48 and a 48 x 24 tank then put new front panels on the tanks... so basically make 2 tanks out of an old one... does john at advanced do that or does he only deal with tanks from scratch

thanks

don't do it. that tank you purchase may already be bowing and it would be too much work.

just buy from john, he does great work

thanks

sounds like you're giving yourself or whoever is gonna be cutting it more work. They have to take the whole tank apart, prep it, cut it, then seal it again. better off just buying new ones. John from Advanced acrylic lives down the street from me.

I also say go to John he built my old sump and my friends 1" acrylic 320ga. Super cool dude and hella good prices.

ok i saw the tank that tangkeeper has and i think im going to try my hand at acrylic ... think it could be a nice little project

You live in Riverside?
His shop is in Anahiem, But not his house.

Sorry to get off topic.

unless he moved, this was a couple of years ago. I talked to him and he told me he was working out his garage and his house was down the street from me in anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back