GIANT nudibranch?

km133688

I saw in my tank tonight what I can only describe as a giant nudibranch. It looked like those lettuce nudis you can get ony about 6 times biggers, and dull brown/grey instead of green.

Anybody know what these are?
Are they something I should worry about?

sorry, no pic, too dark in the tank and this is the only time I have seen it (1:15 in the morning, all dark in the room).

It was sliding across the front glass and didn't like the light too much so moved a little faster whenever the beam was on it.

Any info is much appreciated. Kevin

Yep, that is it, resembles this one only mine is much lighter in color.

73975SEAHARE.bmp

Kevin

WAs it totally flat? Like a snail foot and nothing else. May be a polyclad. They eat snails, they suck. If that's what it is.

yeah, Ok, you are right, that is what it is. this picture is much closer to the actual thing I saw.

I may leave it alone anyway. Diversity was something I wanted in the tank so that I could explain stuff to the kids.

Kevin

73975Paraplanocera.bmp

Kevin if it looks like the pictures in my gallery (polyclad) get it out!! If you seen one you may have Ten. I think Justin can back me up on that. not only do they eat snails but I have seen them attack bristle worms and tube worms. They are a very hungry meat eater. I know of nothing that will kill them with out killing the rest of your tank. Catch and dispose of is the only way that works that im aware of. If you think it is a polyclad do a search here on RC I posted on this before.

okiedokie.. razor blade will be ready to do some scraping tonight. If I see him, out he comes...

they don't bite do they?

The method that works best for me is find a rock he is on and then dip it in freshwater. If you cut him you get more of him. In the FW he'll crawl out of the rock and melt. And most of the good stuff won't be affected including coral. A minute at most is what you'd need to get the sucka to crawl out.
Good Luck

yes, except I never see this guy. I only lucked out before that one time cause he was crawling across the glass. I wasn't planning on cutting him in half, just using the razor to scrap his body off the glass.

Thanks, for the info, didn't see him last night.

Back