glass repair or replacement company in the bay area?

idcgfy

Anyone recommend a glass repair company in the Bay Area that can replace the front of a Red Sea Reefer 250? Also what would be an average cost for replacement?

thanks

Most glass companys are way to busy right now. Most glass companys wont touch it for liability purposes. I assume you picked up the free tank on here? There is a good reason things are free or low priced. Either way, good luck.

I sent mine to Crystal Dynamics in Southern California. To do it right you can't "just" replace the broken piece. The tank has to be disassembled and all old silicon removed and then rebuilt. I wanted my tank (that was going to house expensive livestock) to be 100% safe.

CDA regularly drops off custom tanks to a number of LFS around the Bay so you can probably arrange to piggy back your tank that way.

It's not the cheap way to go, but it's the safe way. Note -- it's also not the fastest way. I can take a few months.

To be clear, I did not get a free tank nor is my tank broken. Just have a deep scratch I want to take care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be clear, I did not get a free tank nor is my tank broken. Just have a deep scratch I want to take care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you looked into polishing that scratch out? You can google local glass shops that remove scratches.
Thre's also glass repair kits that use a silicone compound and the results are almost invisible or so I was told.

I could try to polish for you. Tile and stone guy. I have a lot of different polishing pads. I bullnose and polish glass tile all the time. You'll have to bring it to me.

Back