Glue for glueing frags to liverock

walleyebum

What should i use to glue my frags to my liverock? They are on plugs already. Whats the cheapest way but works really well.

Aleene's jewelry and metal glue works well. Is cheap for the size tube you get and is sold at Michaels craft store.

Loctite brand super glue works great but is a little more expensive and sold at Lowe's

Loctite gel is my favorite from Lowes and Home Depot. Two Little Fishies gel is basically the same thing and can be found at many LFS for a lot less than Loctite (when comparing cost per gram, not cost per tube)

hello all,

i use BISSON super glue gel for 5 small frags.
In my area i found only this. no problem att all and the frags healty enaugh

i just picked up the new glue from ecotech marine and i have to say the 50 bucks i spent for this huge bottle of glue is well worth it. to buy any other brand of glue in the same quantity would cost well over a 100 bucks. look into it if you go through glue like I do.

Ive noticed alot of times when using the loctite glue that some of my angels will nip at it thinking its a sponge thus seperating the frag from the plug. I still use it if need be but def perfer the puddy...

I take superglue gel and put a solids amount onto the plug then dip it in water to start the cure and get a film over the glue then put the frag on.

Mr. Saltwatertank did a review on the ecotech glue and that stuff looks pretty sweet. I however go to the dollar store and get a three pack of superglue gel for a buck. Can't beat that.

i just picked up the new glue from ecotech marine and i have to say the 50 bucks i spent for this huge bottle of glue is well worth it. to buy any other brand of glue in the same quantity would cost well over a 100 bucks. look into it if you go through glue like I do.

couldn't agree more. This stuff came out 2 weeks ago in the uk. I grabbed some as I had about 20 SPS colonies to stick done. I've stuck 12 colonies and 20 frags and still have at least 3/4 of the bottle left.

I also stuck a piece of dry rock to the other rock work as I wanted a overhang. I'm surprised it stuck but it feels solid.

I don't think I would bother with anything else. When you consider the amount you get and the point you only need to hold the coral down for about 10 seconds its well worth the price.

i like the dollar store pack as well, but my last bulkreefsupply order, i grabbed some of their glue, and it works great. i think it setup faster then the superglue brand.

im too cheap to buy the 50$ glue, so im just going at it 1$ at a time. haha

Back