Glueing clear tubing to PVC? What do I use?

spleify

Premium Member
Hello all, I am trying to connect a piece of clear 5/8" tubing to a piece of PVC for a DIY skimmer I am working on. What is the best glue/solvent, etc to use for attaching?

Thanks for any and all help.

Spleify

Good idea jcollins, but I think I am going to be restricted by height. I already have the pieces cut, just need to glue then together.

Thanks

Spleify

If you are talking vinyl type tubing you really need to use a barbed and threaded fitting. Vinyl tubing is filled with elastomers to make it flexible. These can leak out of the tubing onto its surface over time causing your glued joints to fail unexpectedly.

You cant glue vinyl tubing to PVC with any confidence. Only glue that will really work well on PVC is a solvent and a solvent will not work on vinyl.

What type of clear tubing do you have? is it clear PVC? Clear Acrylic or is it the flexible vinyl tubing?

Last edited:
It's flexible vinyle tubing.

I will get a barbed fitting and see if I can cut it down, I am restricted by size and addind 2" for the barbed fitting might not work.

Thanks for the ideas, I will make something work and post pics of the skimmer when I am done

Thanks

Spleify

Back