Going bigger

wvned

Premium Member
An old guy with Parkinson's disease that keeps fish in West Virginia.

Time for an upgrade
i-BbSMWkG-M.jpg

I am replacing the 75 with a 180
i-2QJLbS6-M.jpg

So a 6x2x2 will join the 8x2x2.

2/20/2022
The stand is ready to caulk and paint. I need to get the sawdust out of the garage first.
IMG_4282-M.jpg

IMG_4283-M.jpg

an upgrade of the sump is required as well
Now
IMG_3986-M.jpg

IMG_3813-M.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​
it uses 40 and 100 gallon stock tanks. I am going tp add a 150 gallon one
I am going tp move everything to the next size bigger tank and have 3 tiers by placing the 100 up on concrete block raising it 8 inches or so. The 150 is here already.
Something like this
new%20sump-M.jpg

The 75 gallon tank will be setup in the fishroom as a grow out tank. I pay for larger fish but receive tiny ones. I will have somewhere to put them. I am hoping to keep the 29 gallon fuge as well.
Right now my ATO water is in a 23 gallon trashcan. I need to find something larger. At some point I will have to redo my water station with larger tanks.

Last edited:
I had my right knee replaced Oct 31 of last year and it is almost over. I have 2 more PT sessions. I had no idea how intense and painful it would be.
I haven't done anything to my systems except occasionally clean the glass and fill the doser reservoirs. I built a 20 gallon kalk dripper and it has done most of the heavy lifting during this period. Jill emptied the skimmer bucket when Hydros said it needed it. I turned off the AWC 6 months ago now.

So today
i-c7hzHfP-XL.jpg

i-mM7RDFL-L.jpg

i-75qG6cs-M.jpg

i-2wSdkDF-M.jpg

Perhaps I will do some testing this weekend.

We got a new puppy this summer. He is 8.5 months now and 90 pounds. His name is Paddy. That is my cat Louie.
i-2w4CJKx-M.jpg
i-33tLnBv-M.jpg

i-J4bH5pz-M.jpg

I haven't tested since October.
Today Phos .14 Nit 2 Alk 10.5
Close enough. All that junk in the other room does what it is supposed to.

The great change has begun. I am a little unsettled or something today. Neurologist added a third nerve tweaking drug I started last night. Strange times for me.
5B14A93E-994C-4F04-89EA-11EEC61F8B2D.jpeg
But the fish must go on.
B637AC61-DCDA-41DB-A06C-4C31266E87BF.jpeg

Ahh - I thought you got new meds and had a sudden urge to upsize again!
I see the new light bar on the left where the hood used to be now!

Ahh - I thought you got new meds and had a sudden urge to upsize again!
I see the new light bar on the left where the hood used to be now!
LOL
They have pills for that. Mine help me a lot. Not perfect though. I quoted the wrong post.

1 more light coming tomorrow I hope
F80F2FF6-1B40-468F-9D77-4D95855990FE.jpeg
6 on the 240 4 on the 180
I need to sync up the schedules and spectrums

How do you like the Noopsyche lights?
I liked the first 4 well enough to get 6 more. Adjusting them is really clunky but I understand how and I will not need to do that much once I get them turned up and the acclimation done. If they cost $400 each I would be disappointed bad but they are only $195 each.
The Aquatic Life Coralcovers are pricey but with the NPs it makes the budget ballance out. No bulb changes matters. 8 tubes at $16-25 a year adds up.
The equipment feels and looks really nice and well made. I haven't had any problems with the 4 on the 180 that have been running a year.

IMG_6075 Large.jpegIMG_6109 Large.jpegIMG_6107 Large.jpegIMG_6105 Large.jpegIMG_6104 Large.jpegLiving the fish life in WV

Mocha
The oldest of our animal friends had to be put down yesterday, It was time.
We will always love you. You were a special part of our lives.
The cat who caught deer and taught German Shepherds and cattle dogs how to act properly.
He came to live with us when Jeanna was 7. She is 26 now.
IMG_2402.jpg
[000976]a Large.jpeg

Back