Going to Ft Collins tomorrow any LFS?

reefkoi

Premium Member
what stores should I go to? for corals any type LPS SPS clams e.t.c.
Thanks, Chris
ps names and rough directions appreciated I'll be coming from the south up i-25

the fort collins store are nothing real special. DG got some nice brains, but for sps, lps keys and reef and pond, and animal attractions in greeley are the way to go.

alright thanks, I was thinking about animal attractions in greely, now I think thats the one I'll stop into, the frag tank sounds cool.

Check us out at D&G. We've got some pretty nice LPS, Softies, and some Clams.

The linked thread was a we bit biased IMHO.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8063078#post8063078 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gh0st
Check us out at D&G. We've got some pretty nice LPS, Softies, and some Clams.

The linked thread was a we bit biased IMHO.

I would agree it is biased, as it seems to be the general consensus in the saltwater community in fort collins. If it was only one or two people saying it, maybe it would seem like a stretch, but it is more than that.

Well I ended up going to Denziens & D&G, The reason I didnt go to animal attraction was the long drive out of the way I wouldnt have been able to get to reef n pond or premier if we had. So I thought denziens was a very large store, more fish tanks than I have ever seen at 1 store! I couldnt find anything I wanted though, they were low on frags. D&G wasnt as bad as I thought, Lots of tanks the animals looked fine, the corals werent bad, just didnt see any I was looking for. I ended up buying a phosphate reactor from Premier, and some sps frags from Key's. He's the only one that had any real colorful SPS that day. Reef n pond had a few corals I liked but you know everybody is low on real nice stuff, so i guess I'll have to wait till this fall when they get busy and get the really nice stuff in.
Chris

Well, we've been working hard, and all I know is all the customers I help leave happy. :)

The Biased comment was actually directed to the fact that some comments in the linked post (not yours Beetle-b, you had some fair comments, and they have been addressed) were made by people with vested interests in the other stores. They know who they are and I won't name names, but mudslinging accomplishes nothing.

Come in and see for yourselves, don't buy the hype.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8080291#post8080291 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gh0st
Well, we've been working hard, and all I know is all the customers I help leave happy. :)

The Biased comment was actually directed to the fact that some comments in the linked post (not yours Beetle-b, you had some fair comments, and they have been addressed) were made by people with vested interests in the other stores. They know who they are and I won't name names, but mudslinging accomplishes nothing.

Come in and see for yourselves, don't buy the hype.

Fair enough, I understand now. The next time I have some stuff to buy I will stop by, I used to love going to D&G because of how nice and knowledgable people were there. After all, some of the employees there are who got me started in the salt water hobby with some good info.

Back