Gone Solar Too

4 pm and the first of two "white" LED's just came on. The "whites" are a 2:1 white to blue ratio. So, setting sun with 1 blue LED and 1 white LED.

PICT0011-10.jpg

5:10 pm. Sun is very low on the horizon. Maybe 10% of the light in the tank is from the sun. The rest is the LED's. The second "white" strip came on at 5 pm.

PICT0012-11.jpg

Nice setup Jeff. Have you thought about using stronger leds or putting lenses on the ones you have?

I'm trying to figure out why I've never received an invite to see your tank :D

Marvin

I really don't think I need stronger LED's. My primary light is the sun. I'll post a pic up in the morning with just the sun and no LED's.

As far as the invite, come on over at any time!

OK, this pic is about an hour after the sun has set. LED's only

PICT0001-19.jpg

The white LED's are on two timers. This pic is evening after one of the timers has gone off (5 whites OFF, leaving 3 whites and all 5 blue ON)
PICT0001-23.jpg

OK, this pic is about an hour after the sun has set. LED's only

PICT0001-19.jpg

The white LED's are on two timers. This pic is evening after one of the timers has gone off (5 whites OFF, leaving 3 whites and all 5 blue ON)
PICT0001-23.jpg

I think you're right :thumbsup:

I would do them when you do the roof or right before. That way, the new roof will tie in to the solar tubes and you are not cutting holes after the fact.

Well when I redo the roof it will be a total redo from ceiling rafters up. Going to go for more pitch and install my ductwork in and half way decent attic space.

Tank is now a FW plant tank with discus.

I thought I was going to move so split up my system into two smaller systems. Didn't properly adjust my alk in doing so and lost all my acros. Ended up not moving but decided not to replace the acros. Kept my favorite corals that were left and combined them into my other reef system. Converted this one to FW.

Back