good,bad or no issue with live rock????

lmh11706

i have florida gulf live rock-form tampa bay saltwater- for a year and 8 months now-because of a lack of a substantial cleaning crew the rock was getting alot of filamentous algae and a little green alge

So i got a cleaning crew for my 75g-basic crabs and snails and added some more snails in addition so i had a crew big enough for a 100 g tank or so

After a few weeks of them cleaning the live rocks completely clean of algae i noticed what i can only describe as looking like sesame seeds all over all the rocks but ingrained in the surface of the rocks-little white-tannish seed like things

i dont know if these are natural in this type of rock or how they got there but the only other issue i have that coincides with the huge cleaning crew is a month ago all my colored zoa colonies and i have 4 or 5- all had patches just melt away for lack of a better word to just bare rock-which has stopped thank god-otherwise no issues

does anyone know or heard of what i described-just wanted to know what i can attribute them too-and the zoa issue-thanks

Back