Good LFS West Valley / Central PHX?

alohadustin

Anyone have any recommendations on good LFS for the west valley or Central PHX? Any great experience, places I should avoid?

TIA!

I've been to reef industries and the staff there is really knowledgeable and friendly. I have also purchased from a family owned shop called algae eaters, but it has been years. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if algae eaters is still open, but you should check them out if you can. Calling ahead of time would insure that you don't waste a trip since the two do not have regular business hours.

Sadly there ain't any on the west

Best is reef culture in Tempe then aquatouch on cactus and cave creek

I'd avoid ocean floor there way over priced and not a lot of selection

LOL

As soon as I read the thread title I knew where it was going :lmao:

Last edited:
Speaking for myself, I like these two establishments and will voice my opinion whenever possible. I know where you are going with your comment, and as respectfully as I can say, you don't know what you are talking about when you allude that I am someone that I am not. :)

Speaking for myself, I like these two establishments and will voice my opinion whenever possible. I know where you are going with your comment, and as respectfully as I can say, you don't know what you are talking about when you allude that I am someone that I am not. :)

Don't take it personal. I know there is absolutely no way to completely tell if this is a trolling for business thread or not. But the threads always start out this way for this store. They were actually already caught and the public made aware of what the were doing. Same IP address

One user starts a thread which store do you recommend, and the next user with the same IP address replies the store you mentioned. Just the fact that they tried to false advertise the store to all of us, I will never give them my business since they lied up front. I really don't care how awesome the store is. They lost my trust without even visiting them.

I wrote this just to remind the community what they did. (fact) :)

Thanks for making sure I keep my emotions at check.

I can understand and appreciate your comments, but I have only had good experiences with them. To me, this hobby is very challenging, and I find myself reading a lot of stuff on this forum to get a better understanding of different aspects that I need to be mindful of with respect to his hobby. The owner and his son take time to help me out.

It seems like every time I have something good to say about them, it gets received and reciprocated with a negative opinion. To me, they are a good place to work with.

Thanks for making sure I keep my emotions at check.

I can understand and appreciate your comments, but I have only had good experiences with them. To me, this hobby is very challenging, and I find myself reading a lot of stuff on this forum to get a better understanding of different aspects that I need to be mindful of with respect to his hobby. The owner and his son take time to help me out.

It seems like every time I have something good to say about them, it gets received and reciprocated with a negative opinion. To me, they are a good place to work with.

The negativity stems from the comment I made above. I personally need a good honest establishment to get advice and products. They may be a great store but the fact they came on this forum thinking that the community was not all that smart by making fake users boosting their store experience was wrong. So I am not sure I would be able to trust their opinion if I went into their store asking for advice or recommendations. I have two stores in the valley that I can trust with my live stock Aquatouch and ReefCulture. Always honest.

If your in these areas check em out.

Aquatouch- North Phoenix
Aquarium Arts - Mesa
Pets. Inc- Tempe
Reef Culture - Tempe

got it, thanks for the link! i'm BRAND NEW to this. I want to be able to ask dumb and newb questions when i go into a shop and not get looked at like im crazy. lol i'm getting a 75g with sump with a built in refugium. a few LS and a few zoas, etc. but because im so new i need the equip for tests, etc etc etc etc

Yes Reef Industries

Here is the link to the thread I am referring to

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2018490

got it, thanks for the link! i'm BRAND NEW to this. I want to be able to ask dumb and newb questions when i go into a shop and not get looked at like im crazy. lol i'm getting a 75g with sump with a built in refugium. a few LS and a few zoas, etc. but because im so new i need the equip for tests, etc etc etc etc

Welcome to the hobby!!!! You found a great forum.

Here are two links to events that happen in the valley. I have not been able to attend very many lately but you will find very helpful people to answer most all you questions and get some corals for a good price! You will also get true, honest opinions and experience of the local fish stores.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1954263
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1964465

So I went and checked out Reef Culture and Aqua Touch today. I have to say I was at Reef Culuture for about 30 min and not one person acknowledged me. There wasnt anyone even in the sales floor for the first 15 min. Aqua Touch was nice, kinda hot but friendly staff. I looked and looked and looked for Reef Industries but the business park it in is weird. I think they are in Suite G but that suite is in the back of the front building and there were ZERO signs just a "G" spray painted on a door so needless to say I didnt go in. Anyone actually been to Reef Industries?

Back