Good plumbing supply store in Appleton?

MSU Fan

I am looking for a good plumbing supply store in Appleton area that has uniseal bulkheads...anyone know of one?

You could try Ferguson - they're pretty big - I'd think they'd have them. Otherwise Barron is another plumbing place - never been in there so I don't know what your odds are, but it's worth a shot.

I called Ferguson, no luck. Neither with Baron. Baron told me to call First Supply. No deal there either...I just don't understand why the correct aquarium plumbing is so difficult to find in this day and age - geez. :D

BTW, I am getting 2 55g blue barrels tomorrow, and would be able to transport a third if someone was looking for one. $10. PM me.

I get my bulkheads at Fleet farm in the farming section! Very heavy duty built too! they have 3/4" 1 1/4" as well!

Eric

Fleet's bulkheads aren't uniseals though, are they? When I stopped in there a few weeks ago looking for some they were completely out except for one big one - and that definitely wasn't a uniseal.

Otherwise Ace on Northland had bulkheads - they weren't uniseals though.

oops my bad didn't see the uniseal part of the thread! THought he was just looking for bulkheads for his tank! These (bulkheads from fleet farm) are what I am going to use on my new tank after seeing someone who has used them for quite some time with no problems what so ever!

Eric

I have a clear plastic 55 gallon drum! I cut the top off of the barrell and use a regular bulk head for my barrel! The only way to get your arms all the way towards the bottom to put a regualr bulkhead in! Granted the top is now open but I am goign to be getting something to cover that up as well!

Eric

I have an extra 3/4" bulk from FF that I can bring to the meeting tomorrow (is it tomorrow?). I am not 100% sure I'm going (60-71% ish), but I'll throw it in my car just incase.

Don't throw it in your car on my account, we aren't going to be able to make it tomorrow.

Since I haven't seen the barrels, I don't know how flexible/inflexible the sidewalls are yet. They were used to transport wine, so I think that they are probably pretty durable. I just don't know if a regular bulkhead, like the ones from FF (which I have), are going to be able to make a proper seal. I hope so...

Craig

I don't see why they wouldn't. The curve on a standard 55g barrel isn't enough that it would cause issues.

Well, since uniseals aren't available locally, looks like I'll need to try the FF ones anyway...I'll let you know.

If you're concerned, putting some silicone around the bulkhead wouldn't hurt anything either...

Craig or Holly, which ever one is reading this! Most 55 gallon drums are the same thickness! I am willing to be money you found the drums on Craigslist! LOL!!! Wish I knew you were looking for them I get them for free from work!!!!! Anywho the bulkheads from fleet farm will work with no leak and no need for silicone! The downside! depending on how the top of the barrel is you may have to take and cut the top out in order to get inside the barrel to get the bulkhead on! I did this and have just been running without a top on it! Haven;t noticed any ill effects yet! On the side note just to be on the cautious side in the future I am going to order covers for them! Waiting for US Plastics to do their free shipping promo again and then they sell covers that fit over them! Any questions ask! This is what I use for my RO water! Going to be modding a 15 gallon drum sooon to use as my kalk reservoir!

Eric

if you can get them we would love one our pond shell is screwing up our water readings (tds) we need to get some thing a little smaller like a 55 g lmk b4 we go out and buy one!

Back