Good ro/di for large system

Dual membrane. Filter guys do a great job.

My setup with their help:
DSCN4249.jpg

Hi Mimic. According to most companies it's a 4:1 ratio on waste. I just purchased mine from PurelyH20 and they told me about a return pump that takes the waste and runs it 1 more time and reduces the waste... It is $60 or so

I had a unit, but I needed tweaking to remove chloramines and added dual DI stages, so I guess it would be a custom unit.

Then I felt i hsd too much waste water so I got the dual membrane setup.

I can do easy 160 gallons per day on filmtec 75 GPD membranes.

For low waste systems you need good water pressure or a Aquatec booster pump. With the booster pump you will be able to get a 1.25 to 1 waste to product ratio.

Jim

I like the spectrapure unit azdesertrat recommended. I just got it all hooked up, but the unit is nice and they have really thought about the DI cartridges, duals and each one is different, I didnt realize you can get so many different types of DI resins, go to the spectrapure website they list all of them.
Chris

If I had one complaint it is the TDS probes leak where they fit into the push lock "t's" I have removed and reinstalled them several times, I hope they just seal on their own soon?

Low waste

Low waste

You really dont need to spend extra money on the system just so it can produce less waste. Just replace the flow restrictor with an adjustable valve and tune it to a 2 to 1 ratio. Having low pressure does cause over waste but this balance can be regained by simply reclaiming the overwaste with a valve. Now if you have really low pressure (below 40) you may need to opt for a booster pump as mentioned above.

Good luck!

Re: Low waste

Re: Low waste

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8134868#post8134868 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by purelyh2o
You really dont need to spend extra money on the system just so it can produce less waste. Just replace the flow restrictor with an adjustable valve and tune it to a 2 to 1 ratio. Having low pressure does cause over waste but this balance can be regained by simply reclaiming the overwaste with a valve. Now if you have really low pressure (below 40) you may need to opt for a booster pump as mentioned above.

Good luck!

Bryan sorry I must disagree a dual is not a choked system like your suggesting with a single membrane. The flow rate is still 4:1 it just makes full use of the water and in the process produces less waste.

Jim

Re: Good ro/di for large system

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8132939#post8132939 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MimicTang
Debating these filter guys, anyone have good reviews on them?

these guys are local to me and are really cool , my only source for my filter goods now.

Back