Good Stores in Brandon Area

Dnazta

I'm newer to the Brandon/Valrico area and was wondering if there are any good stores that have a decent selection of saltwater livestock.

Dnazta,

Welcome to the area!! Not many stores in this area there is Aqua Star up on Lumsden and Kings and Creature Castle down on Adamo and St Cloud I think it is. I think thats all thats left. I work in Clearwater so I can hit FAOIS and Coral Corral on occasion.

Bob

Before I left your area, I drove over to FAOIS for most everything.
Dave at Aqua Star is a great guy.

Yeah I already found creature castle and the selection is very limited. They will order corals and such for me but I like to see before I buy. Thank you for the responses and I am realizing that if I want selection I'm gonna have to travel. Will give aqua star a try though.

OMG that aqua star, lol. Their main coral display is riddled with aptaisa. The store has gotten a little better with stocking stuff. But I bought some FW fish of him and they all died two days later. Danios. How do you kill danis?

I can't imagine the quality of his product looking at the quality of the displays.

I was just in Aqua Star and its not the best looking outfit but seems to have a decent selection next to creature castle but still nothing compared to faois or even marine warehouse. Was just hoping not to have to drive so far as I am an impulse buyer and when I'm sitting here bored I sometimes just wanna go look and usually end up with something.

There's a new place opening over that way. I'll find out if he's open yet and where it's located and let ya know.

Thanks for all the responses. Will definitley try that creative aquariums. Also Red Ant if you could find out about the new place I would greatly appreciate it

creature castle is the best. all the stuff they have is nice plus saltwater there is 1.00 a gallon. A+ for creature castle...

Wow.. never heard of Creature Castle, will have to check it out. LOL

Dave @ Aqua Star is a top notch guy, and although there isn't much in there for me but misc utility type stuff, he's always been there for me and dropped anything to help. When I bought my first tank, and the stand that came with it fell apart, I found his store and he had the one I wanted in stock - and kept the store open an additional hour on a Saturday night.. so I could get there, pick it up, and get on my way. I'll always be grateful for that. Considering 2/3rds of the stores in the metro area are closed on Sundays, it was ultra important that I find something that night.

That being said, no real coral selection. Good SW fish selection and hardware/accessories/misc though and he is extremely knowledgeable..

All the other stores in the metro area are great. FAOIS is top notch and king of the area.. Coral Corral has some great stuff and great displays. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. Figure out what you can count on from each store and use them accordingly.

Thanks Steve,

The reason we do not have a large coral selection, is because when we moved into this location, I wasn’t sure how I wanted to set the coral system up. At the time I hastily threw two thirty breeder tanks together and that is what we have been using to sell corals. However, we have begun construction on a new 600 gallon coral system that should be completed in thirty to sixty days. When done, our coral selection will increase dramatically.

As far as that one guy on this thread, I wasn’t aware of any coral display in my shop let alone a “main coral display” . Also, not sure how you killed zebra danios either, but we do guarantee our fish, so come on in and I will give you some new ones.

Thanks

Since when has creature castle carried saltwater? I always liked going there for rare freshwater stuff and never saw any saltwater.

Thanks Steve,

The reason we do not have a large coral selection, is because when we moved into this location, I wasn't sure how I wanted to set the coral system up. At the time I hastily threw two thirty breeder tanks together and that is what we have been using to sell corals. However, we have begun construction on a new 600 gallon coral system that should be completed in thirty to sixty days. When done, our coral selection will increase dramatically.

As far as that one guy on this thread, I wasn't aware of any coral display in my shop let alone a "œmain coral display" . Also, not sure how you killed zebra danios either, but we do guarantee our fish, so come on in and I will give you some new ones.

Thanks

Sounds great.. Look forward to it Dave.

As far as that one guy on this thread, I wasn't aware of any coral display in my shop let alone a "œmain coral display" . Also, not sure how you killed zebra danios either, but we do guarantee our fish, so come on in and I will give you some new ones.

Thanks

the on the east wall towards the front.

and that's not what you said when i brought in the fish and water.

I'm not going to risk my board privileges to say any more.

Back