Good tang

So does anyone else have some suggestions on some good starter fish that would be good with a pair of clowns and a kole tang?

The kole tangs are great, they come in yellow and blue eyed. Very active and peck at algae on the glass almost constantly.

I also really like the tomini it's not quite as active but close. Either would be a great choice.

Well so far the kole and pair of clowns are a definite. I need to go on a few websites and look to make my stocking list for everyone to see if all the fish will be compatible

I like royal grammas. Some say they get aggressive but I have had good luck so far. Very active fish and should get along with the ones you mentioned. I also like blennies to go with the fish you have selected so far.

Joe, you see my stock list below in my sig. I'm looking at adding a Kole Tang. I think bangaii cardinals mix well with an assortment of blennies and gobies. My mix has been together for 2 years.

4 clowns is not recommended, but mine have been together 2 years. Tank raised don't seem as aggressive.

You need to have lots of live rock for the mandarin to make it in a 75 and definitely no other pod eaters in the tank. If you can't get a mandarin to live, a hectors or rainford goby is a good alternative to a 6 line wrasse. They can be tricky to feed but will eat algae, sift sand and snack on pods so do well in an established tank.

You should consider some shrimp, either the fire shrimp which is colorful but reclusive or the skunk cleaner which is quite active. The only problem with the skunk cleaner is they steal food from corals you are trying to hand feed. My fire shrimp is great, I've had it 2 years as well.

Back