Got a new fish - green coris wrasse

Mark9

So far, great fish.
Eating day 1, spends his time checking out the rock, unless I get close to the tank, then he begs for food.
3 days in the isolation tank, I find it hard waiting to put them in the DT, especially when it is such a personable fish

P1070488_zps1806e4d6.jpg

Nina51

biggliest cofveve champ
ohhh, what a pretty color! glad to hear he's doing so well for you. i know the feeling...i have a kole tang in my qt, dying to get him to the dt but that just isn't gonna happen for another few weeks!

PirateToast

Ah, jealous! I saw one at my LFS a few months ago and thought it was ridiculously gorgeous. There aren't many great options for green fish! However, my tank is just a bit too small for one :/

Mark9

Well, that sucks, got home after work, coris obviously in distress.
Swimming very erratically.
Dosed the tank with Prazipro.
Can see a large bump on his right side, close to the gills.
Some parasite is there.
Hope he pulls through.
Man, this was fast, yesterday he looked perfect.
Thank goodness for the isolation tank.

Mark9

ugh! how is he doing now??

Dead in less than 2 hours after noticing distress.
That hurt.
Eating one day, dead the next.
I may do Prazipro preventative next time.
Wife was quick to point out that at least I didn't nuke the DT.
Thank goodness for a QT.

barry_keith

Sorry about your fish. I had a green coris wrasse. it was awesome for about 3 months.. It grew faster than any fish I've ever owned, and lost its green color very quickly. It became a not so pretty muddy brown and ate so much more food than my other fish, he had to go find a new home.

PirateToast

Sorry about your fish. I had a green coris wrasse. it was awesome for about 3 months.. It grew faster than any fish I've ever owned, and lost its green color very quickly. It became a not so pretty muddy brown and ate so much more food than my other fish, he had to go find a new home.

Yeah, the adults I've seen don't seem to keep the green. If it's any consolation :/