Got my euroquatics t5 led

Does anyone notice any glimmer from these bulbs?. Currently have a 6 bulb t5 fixture and looking for a bit of shimmer to subsitute 2 blue plus.
thanks

Does anyone notice any glimmer from these bulbs?. Currently have a 6 bulb t5 fixture and looking for a bit of shimmer to subsitute 2 blue plus.
thanks

There is a very small amount of shimmer, nowhere near what you get with LED lighting but it's there if you look very very hard :lolspin: I can see a very small amount when only the blue pop lights are on.

Can these bulbs be dimmed, such as on an ATI Dimmable fixture. It looks like in one of the pictures it has a sticker saying to "not" use it on a dimmer? I'd consider these instead of Reef Brite but need them to ramp up and down.

Can these bulbs be dimmed, such as on an ATI Dimmable fixture. It looks like in one of the pictures it has a sticker saying to "not" use it on a dimmer? I'd consider these instead of Reef Brite but need them to ramp up and down.

I use a pair of the Blue Pop on my ATI Dmable fixture with no problems so far.

I spoke with them at Reefapalooza about dimming. They didn't recommend it, but said that they tried it out. They told me it seemed to work with the 48" and 24" dimmable ATI fixtures, but had problems with the 36" tubes.

I spoke with them at Reefapalooza about dimming. They didn't recommend it, but said that they tried it out. They told me it seemed to work with the 48" and 24" dimmable ATI fixtures, but had problems with the 36" tubes.

Thanks for sharing this information, I'll discontinue dimming them just to be safe

You can dim them, they just have to start at 19%. I had 3 blue daylights, blue pop, biotek marine 20k/uv, and a biotek marine 10k/pink installed on my ATI 6 bulb fixture and did par tests yesterday after noticing a few of my sps mid column starting to RTN at their base. I got 172 6" below at the surface. This explains why my sps lower in the column have been stressing. Good for supplemental bulbs, but I don't recommend running all of them together in an sps tank. Better to mix and match with T5's.

Back