got my Nano up and running....

LarryW

Premium Member
Ok, so I got my nano up and running this weekend. It's a 7 gallon mini bow. There is 20# of Live sand in there and 6# of LR. So far I have added a misbanded ORA clown, and an clown goby. I am planning on upgrading the stock fixture with a 32W PC retrofit kit that should fit into the stock strip light housing. right now there is a 14w Aqua Glow T8 in there. I am also going to throw a small powerhead in there for more flow. So here are the pics.... :D soory they sux, I need to work on getting my camera settings right.

FTS
DSC02223.jpg

FTS
DSC02221.jpg

FTS
DSC02213.jpg

Misc Green Zoa's
DSC02210.jpg

Fiji Polyps
DSC02209.jpg

Fire and Ice Zoa's
DSC02206.jpg

Fire and Ice Zoa's I got from Scott today.
DSC02205.jpg

I plan on painting the back black, or using the black plastic to cover my wires.....

well, I am plaining on adding some shrooms, and maybe some Ric's, but I want to upgrade my lighting first before adding the ric's. Right now though the zoa's look great. the pics don't due those Fire and Ice ones justice.

thay do look great in ther. do you have eney shroom if not im going to be fraging the one's i have? i have green and purple and some red's

cool LMK. I don't have any right now, but I just ordered my new fixture, so it should be here next week.

Nice Larry, but I can't wait to see your real tank up and running!
Is this your only running tank currently? it looks very clean.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9850326#post9850326 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefkoi
Nice Larry, but I can't wait to see your real tank up and running!
Is this your only running tank currently? it looks very clean.

yeah this was to kinda satisfy my obsession until the 120 is up.... Right now we have a 5g Hex that's a FW tank, and this 7g. The 120 is comming along though, MY RODI should be here this week, as well as the skimmer. I am also planning on ordering my return rump, and getting the plumbing completed.

thanks guys. Tim I will send you a pm.

I am going to paint the back of the tank this afternoon, and pickup a small power head for more flow at lunch time. I ordered a retrofit kit that has a single 32w PC 50/50 bulb. it will fit into the existing light's housing, so it will look completely stock.

Nice, I like the idea of having a second small tank anyway. With my 600 when I get frags they can be put into my 10 for observation and let them rest a few days before gluing to plugs. It has worked out great so far. If I remember correctly you are also doing a frag tank behind the scenes right? either way multiple smaller tanks are always good.
Anyway keep up the nice work,
Chris

here are some new pics... I added a mini jet 600 and the black background tonight.

the 7g in relation to my 120
DSC02236.jpg

FTS
DSC02233.jpg

Fire and Ice Zoa's. These are awesome.
DSC02231.jpg

Fire and Ice Zoa's
DSC02230.jpg

here are a couple videos I took tonight as well.

FTS

I stirred up some sand to show you the flow with the minijet

Here is my clown going crazy riding the flow.

Your wife must reallllllly love you for her to give up counterspace in her kitchen!!! Looks great. I have some GSP, if you need it.

Back