Got new tank as a gift, moved all animals but have a fuge question

unimike

Wow, it have been extremely long time since I was here!

I have received a beautiful 50 gallon tank from Advance Aqua Tanks....Uniquarium brand which it comes with its own filtering system with the stand and canopy as a gift. So I have moved all of my animals from the smaller tank to the new 50 gallon tank I have tried placing my cheato in the back of the tank but it was fading away so I pulled it out since it was not receiving enough light in the back while it thrived in the main display but I don't want it to be there for a long term so I have a question...is it possible to use an ordinary 10 gallon tank connected to the main tank and turn it into a fuge ? However, it does not come with the holes where I can connect the pipes/tubes. Suggestions ?

So I don't have to place my cheato in the main display since it will look ugly as well as to protect my copepods population in the safe place since I do have the scooter blenny who loves to eat those bugs.

Thanks in advance!

if your 10 gallon is not tempered, you could drill it yourself to get a return pump connected.

or you could just go with a submersible return pump of some kind. If you do, I'd make sure you build a kind of eggcrate area around the pump to make sure it doesn't become clogged.

yes it will. it helps if you can have a helper spray with a water bottle as you drill to keep it from melting.

also once you are 1/2 way through one 1 side, drill from the opposite side to finish or you may get a nasty edge.

Back