green bubble nem

Fishy Poopie

I got a green bubble anemone on Sunday and when I put it in the tank, it stuck on to the rock right away so i just left it the way it is. It slowly moved around for about 1 day and ended in the cracks between all the rocks. So now, it seems like its not getting any lighting or current. I can't even feed it since its way underneath the rocks. Does this ever happen to anyone? I have a 28g nano cube hqi.

SNAKEMANVET

PREMIUM MEMBER
That sounds normal, I just recently got a rbta it moved in behind the rocks where it was all the way down to where i could barly see it.I would wait about a week or so before trying to feed it. It will take that long to adjust to it's new home. Don't be surprised if it splits. That is also common. GOOD LUCK

SNAKEMANVET

PREMIUM MEMBER
I had my rbta about 4 or 5 days when it split.They are still behind the rocks but can be seen and feed.Just not good enough to get a pic, my gbta is in the way.

Fishy Poopie

thats cool. i don't think i can feed mine tho since its way in there. looks like hes going to tear himself up in the rocks. hope hes ok since hes getting no light and very minimal water flow.

Fishy Poopie

i'll try that. You think my rock will squash and kill it? The reason why i'm asking is because i moved around my rocks a few days before i put the nem in the tank. Usually it takes a little while for the rocks to settle in place.

reefnut1

I would leave it alone. Going in and out the rocks is normal for them. As they get more used to your aquarium they will come out more often and for longer periods. I would not worry about feeding him for at least a week maybe longer.

reefnut1

I would leave it alone. Going in and out the rocks is normal for them. As they get more used to your aquarium they will come out more often and for longer periods. I would not worry about feeding him for at least a week maybe longer.

reefnut1

I believe that there is no certain size that makes them split. My largest one has not split for about 6 months he is about 18 inches across. I have had them split at 6 or so inches and up. In your case he may be under stress which could make him split.

Fishy Poopie

it was about 2.5 - 3 inches across when i first saw it but when i brought it home, it opened up and looks like he is about 6 inches now after a day. :)