green bubble shrooms.

cephalopoder

Premium Member
Hello
I have had these shrooms for a couple years and never seen any other like them. Any one know what type they are?
Thanks
2814shroom7-med.jpg

Look closer, the big green bubbles are on the shrooms, they are pretty rock colored though and not so noticable once you focus on the green but you can see tentacles.

Looks like a hybrid breed or something strange. The typical bubble mushrooms are discosoma sanctithomae (i might be spelling it wrong)

If you ever want to trade for one so strange send me a pm :)

I really can say I've never seen one with bumps so different looking than the rest of the shroom!

Here is a pic I took today but the tank was just moved and the 20k NH was not on at the time. Crappy pic but you can see the shrooms better.
2814Image00002.jpg

Without the bubbles I would say a typical Rhodactis Inchoata. The bubbles are some type of abberation. Hve the bubbles ever come off or or do they change size?

It looks like some sort of parasite? Weird????????
Have you fragged off a shroom to see if it can be removed or popped? That is one of the most bizarre things that I have seen!

The green bubbles are definately part of the mushroom. Thats why when I saw them in a store years ago I snapped them up. They are the coolist mushrooms I have ever seem and repoduce ok. When I set up my new tank I will try and grow them out like crazy.

Have you fragged a shroom to see if it can be removed or popped to make sure it is not some sort of disease. That is very abnormal looking and I would have concerns.
You say you have had them for years but the growth is not that great for shrooms, even under cruddy lights, which you don't have??
Just a thought but maybe contact one of the coral gurus like Eric Borneman -etc.. and see what they think. You can also post on MD forum site if you cant reach him here. They have their own forums and can be a lot more specific as to what it might be. I do think that it is an abnormal growth and should be studied further other than guesses on a forum.
good luck

Back